PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nor. California/Bay Area CPF Get-togerther this Saturday

Flashaholic*

Default Nor. California/Bay Area CPF Get-togerther this Saturday

hey folks, just remembered that it's been a while since the last get-together I was able to make it to, and for suckers like me who couldn't afford the time and money to go to the BIG gathering in Ghost Mountain, anyone up for a little dinner and show? I know there is a buttload of you Bay Area/Central Coast people, so if anyone else is sick of playing alone, I'll be happy to join for a bit.

Nick
    Last edited by 270winchester; 11-28-2005 at 01:35 AM.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Default Re: Bay Area?

Sounds good to me. All we need is a time and a place. Got my USL and Gatlight to show off plus a few new hotwire mods.
    Jim - Have lights, lead, and steel will travel

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

I'm IN... Hey Jim... let's check out that Gat tonight!!

Date, Time and Place CPFers! ! !—Can I tag along too?
    LUX'Ottica

Flashaholic*

I am in for an eve or lunch.

Lunch - Maybe Tues 15 th - Milpitas ? Just a suggestion

Dinner / eve - open

Jpeg has been MIA since May. Maybe we should have another get together at his house to suck him back in to the fold.

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

I'll send him an email since i happen to be corresponding with him right now.

Need Enerv too.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    Jpeg has been MIA since May. Maybe we should have another get together at his house to suck him back in to the fold.

I'm good for anytime, though no promises due to the incoming package.

I'd love to attend! Time and place please. Nick, wanna carpool?

Great news! Wifey just blessed a get-together at our house on Friday Dec. 2nd or Saturday Dec 3rd if it doesn't rain.

I saw that new flashaholic website listed Dec 1st as a moonless night so it would be perfect, specially since there are no street lights in my neigborhood. Bummer for JimH who likes to shut down the street lights with his massive throwing torches but it will most definately be dark.

So my place in Los Gatos, is an option. I'm close to where 17 and 85 freeways intersect.

FYI - Everyone is always welcome at CPF get-togethers.

Rolleye11 Re: Bay Area?

Awww Jim, nice to know you're thinking of me.
    News of my demise has been slightly exaggerated.

Luckily Cromag's able to host, because although I'd love to have y'all over again, I'm in the middle of a remodel and the house is a disaster. (Which bundled with Unnerv's hooking me into playing airsoft, explains why my flashlight budget has recently fallen through the basement...)

I've been waiting for another get together, so I can at least vicariously be a flashaholic again... Somehow I KNEW that YOU would have a Gatlight to show off Jim... I look forward to seeing y'all there.

And yes Greenlight I'll be bringing your glow powder.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeg
    I'm in the middle of a remodel
    Remodel - what remodel? The last time we were there it looked like it had just been remodeled.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeg
    Unnerv's hooking me into playing airsoft
    Yeh - that Unnerve is a

The Dec 2 date sounds good for me. I should be able to make it this time.

Thanks Cromagnet!!

Daniel
    ================================================== =
    I have got to plan my procrastination better!

Either date is okay for me, even if it rains.

Flashaholic

I'm in.

Flashaholic*

I'm leaning more toward the saturday, reason beiing 880 will be like hell on a friday afternoon. but if most folks want Friday then I'm in as well.

Nick

Oh and Josh it will cost you a box of 123s to hitch the ride Just kidding.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Quote Originally Posted by 270winchester
    880 will be like hell on a friday afternoon
    You got a good point Nick. No problem for me, but it will be for a lot of others. Not just 880 but also 280, 680 and 85.

Like what 270 Winchester said. . .Saturday would work best for me. If Friday's the date, then I'll try to be there for the evening "light-show"!
    LUX'Ottica

Hey maybe me in also?? Need to see if we are in town and check with the wifey?? What should I bring??
    Andreas

Flashaholic*

Your Megaray and your Lambo? We are expecting a Hellfire for the next one you know that right?

megaray won't fit in the Lambo!! at least in the case that is?? So which will it be?? Lambo or MegaRay? going to need some help convincing SF that I NEED a HELLFIRE
    Andreas

Flashaholic*

LOL

I guess for a bunch of poton-junkies you know the answer....Unless of course the headlights in the Lambo smokes the Megaray...

You know, you can always open a fictitious defense research company, and claim that you, ahem, need a hellfire for, uh, research purposes...

Nick

P.S.: can you also grace us with the presence of the L6 Porcupine?
    Last edited by 270winchester; 11-16-2005 at 01:43 AM.

I'm in for Friday or Sat. Either one works since I can drive over early and cgeck out Frys if I need to.
    ================================================== =
    I have got to plan my procrastination better!

I talked with Tony tonight, and he was pretty wishy-washy on the food decision. We discussed the possibility of pizza, Armadillo Willies BBQ, and Chinese take out. The current thinking from the phone conversation was to let the attendees decide.

That sounded good on the surface, but after careful consideration, I thought that that would lead to too much discussion aout food and not enough discussion about flashlights.

Upon further deliberation, I have made a command decision, that because of the cost of preprepared food and the uncertainty with the number of participants, that we will have a grazing bill of fare for dinner.

The bill of fare will consist of Chicken Casadeas, Shrimp and artichoke Bruschetta's, Petite Prosciutto and Florentine Quiches, Lil' Smokie saugages in BBQ sause, Shrimp and seafood sauce, and other as yet to be determined delicasies.

If you would like to bring a food item to share that would be nice, but is not required or even expected as there will be pelnty fo food.

Hope all of you guys/gals from the mid to northern reasches of the bay area can make it. I know the south bay people will be there.

They way I figure it, these get togethers don't happen all that often, and when somebody volunteers there house to hold one, it's up to the rest of us to support him by showing up. After all, its really just a family reunion.

Ironic Re: Bay Area?

The last time we were there it looked like it had just been remodeled.
    Yeah, now we're re-re-modeling.
    I dunno, I just let the wife do her thing and try not to cringe when we get the bill. The poor woman doesn't collect flashlights, so she needs something to keep her busy...

After all, its really just a family reunion.
    I hear that...

I've got a 3-D computer event to attend in SF on Saturday, so I won't be able to get down there till probably 6:30-7:00...
    But I'll be there...

OK Looks like Saturday Dec 3rd is more popular and I was thinking around 6:30pm

Here's the list so far:

JimH - confirmed
    CromagNet - confirmed
    Gadget_Lover - confirmed
    JPEG - confirmed
    270winchester - confirmed
    CNC - confirmed
    HARRY - confirmed
    ModaMag - tentative (expecting new baby any day)
    PaulB - confirmed
    Andreas
    Penguin

So what's going on with food? Is Commander Jim taking this on himself?? Looks like a nice menu. Let me know what you need.

I'll be putting up the RED LED Christmas lights on Thanksgiving so it'll be real easy to spot our house ehehehh. Also be keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Oh and I have a 2GB SD card in the digital camera so we'll get lot's of beamshots and Daniel will probably bring his custom deep bucket integrating sphere for LUMEN readouts of your favorite lights!

Please bring any budding newbie potential flashaholic friends, just post here so we get a head count.

Any other requests?

Tony

Would a wing nut from Sacramento be allowed to attend?
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead
    Would a wing nut from Sacramento be allowed to attend?
    Yes - you are most welcome. See if you can get ahold of that other wingnut from the central valley, Theepdinker. Those of us from the bay area had a great time at his Central Valley get together lasty spring. It's time for him to come join us in the bay area. We have plenty of parking around my house for campers and trailers.

I have a voice mail in to knifebirght - it would be great to have a reunion of the central valley get together.

Unfortunately I can't come my wife got show tickets for that date..

JimH has a PILA GatLight already, and I'll make sure that Andreas who ordered a PILA GatLight and a Titanium 123 GatLight will have his lights for the get together.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile1
    Unfortunately I can't come my wife got show tickets for that date..
    I don't understand . The light SHOW is at Tony's house, and we don't sell tickets. Please let us know where the other LIGHT show is on the same night.