Storacell

Thread: G&P's newest tactical: 12V miniturbo

Hybrid View

Default G&P's newest tactical: 12V miniturbo

The thread about a recently purchased 4x123A light got my curious what G&P has been up to. A bit of exploring turned up a new member of their T series: the X-12, a miniturbo sibling of the T-12.

The T-9's miniturbo sibling, the 9S, has been renamed the X-9. It's also available from LEDWave and Camillus as the Z-3. Like the Z-3, the four G&Ps all use a plastic lens and a twistie with a momentary push-ON mode.

The X-9 and X-12 are currently available on eBay (as the "X9" and "X12"). At $70 shipped to USA, the X-12 is the most affordable route I know of for a 220-lumen 12V Surefire-compatible flashlight. If you want to run it on three Pila 150S cells (or Wolf Eyes 150B), you'll need to add a Surefire A20 half-cell extender. Alternatively, you can add an A19 to an X9, but you'll need to buy a 12V G&P lamp assembly from Emilion, TradeDigit, Digilight USA, or one of the many "airsoft" online dealers in Asia.

Together with the company's 1W or 3W LED module, 5W tactical LED head, or 5W miniturbo LED head, G&P has a versatile lineup, particularly in the 9V sweet spot, where a single body can host a xenon tactical head, a xenon miniturbo head, or any of four combinations of LED module and head.

For longer runtimes, use the X-12 or T-12 with a 9V lamp assembly or 5W LED module and two 168S or 17670 cells.

Digilight USA offers upscale versions of the G&P xenon products, with glass lenses and robust tactical clickie switches.
    Last edited by Paul_in_Maryland; 11-13-2005 at 08:29 PM.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Default Re: G&P's newest tactical: 12V miniturbo

I also noticed that head last month while I was searching for a G & P product...I found it here: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper..._Flash%20Light

The page doesn't go into detail, however, about the lamp assembly.

Here's a page from the same website that shows a whole bunch of G & P products:
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...at=Flash+Light

Great links - thanks Paul & Trashman

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Are G&P lights fully compatible with Surefire stuff? Say I wanted to attach a SRTH or KT2 head to the X-12 body, would this work OK? What if I wanted to attach (2) A19 extenders to this body to run 3 x 17670 batteries to the 12V light? Are the G&P bodies the same diameter as the 6P or 9P lights? Any chance that they could take a 18XXX battery without boring?

I think the WGC shop is mainly an airsoft site, but they sure have a lot of lights! I wasn't able to find that part of the website from the main page, for some reason. That turbo head that Paul in Maryland was linking to is also sold on the website as a 5W luxeon head($54). I wonder if it's a 'performer'? They also have 3 and 5w heads that look a lot like the Bug Out Gear heads.

*Mammoth Killer*

At those prices some of their products would make a nice addition to my duty bag as a spare light. For some reason I can not find any prices on the G&P main web site listed in your post.
    Just when I thought I had narrowed down my recent search for a better duty light I find these. I like the looks and simple designs of these lights.
    Is this the company that makes the Rico 9 lamp assembly?
    Is that an ARC in your pocket or are you just small like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Action
    What if I wanted to attach (2) A19 extenders to this body to run 3 x 17670 batteries to the 12V light?
    Action, you've inspired me. I've just ordered a second A19 ($17 shipped from LPS Tactical) and will use it with three Wolf Eyes 168B cells. The 3x150B cells were barely getting me through a week of street crossings. I'll keep the 150B cells in my bag to use as spares (with one A19 extender removed).

I wish I had three of AW's 17670 protected cells to try; at 1600 mAh, they should have enough "juice" to power the 12V lamp (1.8A, by my estimate) with a single click.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
    I've just ordered a second A19 ($17 shipped from LPS Tactical) and will use it with three Wolf Eyes 168B cells.
    Hi Paul,

Do let us know when your A19 arrives, if the 3 168Bs works well with your Z3 plus 2 A19s.

I currently have a 6P and an A19. I have just ordered a G12 bulb from emillion and a King's Arm 1-cell extender. Finally, we will know if the King's Arm is compatible with the 6P! If so, I will have a 4-cell light (6P plus 2 extenders) on which I can fit the G12 which I believe is compatible with the normal tactical head of the 6P and Not compatible with the bigger mini-turbo head of the X12.

I am now considering if I should get a 4-cell light which, together with my 2 extenders, will allow me to run 3 of Aw's 17670s (hopefully, but no one has confirmed this yet) with the 12V bulb.

MY QUESTION is, should I get one of the generic 4-cell light such as the UltraFire12 from emillion or the equivalent from TradeDigit; or should I cough up for the X12 for the mini-turbo head and the Surefire compatibility? The generic 4-cells can be had for only about $35 whereas the X12 goes for $70 inclusive of shipping. Do you think the mini-turbo head is worth the doubling of the price? How much benefit can I expect, other than aesthetics of course since a 6-cell light with a tactical head looks odd, like carrying a length of pipe! Your opinion is much appreciated. Thanks, Paul.

Flashaholic

What the price on the A2 copy I wonder?
    http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=705

Now you can build a T12 miniturbo by buying Cabela's XPG 12V flashlight and adding an XPG miniturbo head. Plastic lens, like the G&P and LEDWave. Want glass and a positive clickie? Get a Digilight.
    Last edited by Paul_in_Maryland; 01-18-2006 at 12:03 PM.

Wquiles:
    Would it be too much to ask for a simple table that lists which models are compatible with what?
    Paul in Maryland:
    That's a great idea, Will. and I'm definitely the man to create it! I'll try to do it this weekend (in a separately titled thread under Incandescents). If I don't come through, send me a PM weekly till I do! What we're talking about is a table that sorts out the quality levels and compatibility (part by part) of Surefire-compatible (T and X series) lineups from G&P, LEDWave, Digilight USA, Camillus, and any other brand we can think of.
    Paul,
    I looked, but did not see said posting. Did you ever get around to it? I'd love to see something like this. I'm definitely interesting in a Frankenstein light. -Best components from every Mfgr.

Thanks,
    Bernie

(sigh) No, I never did. Does CPF have any built-in code for creating a table? I hate to fool with raw HTML.

Hi Paul

How about an excel sheet hosted with a link
    Or make a sheet and email it on request?

Anything I can do?

Good idea. I've begun an Excel spreadsheet and have made significant progress. There are so many variables that I'm using separate worksheets to list whole lights, lamp assemblies, and heads. I can convert it to HTML when I'm finished and post it directly here--in a sticky, I hope. Feel free to send me a PM next weekend if I haven't posted it.