A flashoholic before my time..

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first appointment this morning was with an older couple, with a pretty good mouse problem, this usually ends up with me scouting the house with my flashlight, every nook and cranny..
Flashlights everywhere! This guy is into it, lanterns flashlights, batteries all over the place. What seperated this guy from most I come across is his mods, there was one old (1920's) eveready light modded with a 3.5" reflector, all epoxied on.. He is hospitalized right now and due home tomorrow, I am going to bring some "current" stuff for him to play with for a bit.. I asked his wife why there were so many lights around the house, she rolled her eyes and smirked..
Can't wait till tomorrow!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
That's GREAT!! Any hobby or common "thread" to "bridge generations" (or actually anyone) is GREAT!!

I belonged to a computer user's group in Phoenix years ago, had members from 13 to 85...It's just good to have anything to "bridge folks" - no matter who, how old, nationality....all that good stuff!!

Everyone has "something" to contribute. (Well, there are those I can choose to "ignore", but they're a minority and they "earn" that lack of respect all by themselves! I'm talking about "know-it-alls", those who are "legends in their own minds", in general just rude, unfriendly people!)

Perhaps it's because my grandparents either passed away early or weren't around during a MAJOR part of my life and I miss that experience. Besides, we're all "people" anyway and not meaning to be "cliche"...but I do enjoy "getting along"!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will ask tomorrow if he minds if I snap a picture or two, he has some very cool lanterns, the modded eveready is just way too cool.. :)

cy

Flashaholic
Pydpiper said:
My first appointment this morning was with an older couple, with a pretty good mouse problem, this usually ends up with me scouting the house with my flashlight, every nook and cranny..
Flashlights everywhere! This guy is into it, lanterns flashlights, batteries all over the place. What seperated this guy from most I come across is his mods, there was one old (1920's) eveready light modded with a 3.5" reflector, all epoxied on.. He is hospitalized right now and due home tomorrow, I am going to bring some "current" stuff for him to play with for a bit.. I asked his wife why there were so many lights around the house, she rolled her eyes and smirked..
Can't wait till tomorrow!

She may be pleasantly surprised those "mods" have value. Would be interested in purchasing some of those old mods if you don't have an interest.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was not well enough today to communicate with.. I am sure she would help him part with a part of his collection.. Very nice lady.. I did get a picture this morning..

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am dissapointed I did not get a chance to chat with him yet..

PICT7709a.jpg

34bd3dc3.jpg

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
VERY nice!

I agree wholeheqartedly with Sigman. This is a wonderful opportunity to bridge across generations using this common obsess... er, bond. Could be a really neat friendship in the works!

Keep us posted!