PK Design Lab

Thread: SOLD - FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

Default SOLD - FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

SOLD. Pending payment from dbedit on Nov. 26. THANKS to all. I'm very happy with this win-win-win sale.

Blessings,
    Moses

Greetings,

Larry (tvodrd) is famed for his handmade creations.

This is his very first creation and remains unbelievably rare - justifiably so. Larry handmade a few units, all battery bodies came with a lanyard extension. However, he made only one prototype battery body without the lanyard extension which he sent me. Thus, this light comes with the normal body, along with the one and only flat bottom body. Two bodies, plus the head.

It was sold with 100% of the funds to be donated, and the buyer to receive a tax deductible receipt. Here is the thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ad.php?t=78049

However, the winner did not read the entire thread where I added to the description of the light later in the thread which documented a tiny anodization flaw in the flat bottom body. No fault of his. Since I was leaving for a ministry trip overseas right as the auction ended, I put the light away and did not repost. We simply agreed not to complete the sale and I never shipped the actual light itself.

Since we are coming toward the end of the 2005 tax year, and this sale is fully tax deductible, with your purchase price made out to a non-profit organization of my choice, I'm reposting.

For those of you who do not know what the fuss about larrylight is all about, here is a thread of some of his later creations.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ght=larrylight

This is a light for the serious collector.

Asking a cool $600 (reduced from $700, well just keep dropping it until someone in this community takes it) DONATED to a non-profit of my choice, and you get the tax deduction PLUS the light with two bodies (including the 'one off' unit, and the original plastic tube containing one of the body.

Apologies but I have no idea how to post photos here. Send me your e-mail and I'll send you two highly detailed photos.

Admittedly, the price is high. However, the funds are for a good cause. If no one takes this, I will drop it week by week until it sells. It is too nice to use and I'd like to see the funds used for good, the light go to someone who collects 'historical lights' and my having satisfaction knowing that something good has been done.

Blessings,
    Moses
    Last edited by moses; 11-21-2005 at 01:10 PM.
    “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Gil Bailie

Flashaholic

Default Re: FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

Moses,
    PM box is full cant send my email address
    LL123, NLS, KI-LE, KI-T-CR, MC38-V, Raw CR2 Ti, TNC N, Mclux PD III, SF M6, SF A2-HA-RD, SF E2E,SF E1E, SF 6P, SF G2, Aspherilux 125, Lionheart, Lion Cub, EternaLight Marine, Peak AAA, ARC AAA, X1, Jil DD, More Coming Soon

moses, e-mail me the pics, I'll host them for you since it's a good cause
    cpf.greenled at gmail.com

dbedit,

Sorry. I just went to my PM box and realized that the allowed limit was 100, and I had almost 1900 pms. Had to delete them in bunches of 50 at a time so that took a while. Didn't mind that - but it was painful knowing I was deleting a trail of kindness from so many all the way back when CPF was a relatively small community. There's a lot of memory there.

Anyways, my PM is open now. Thanks for noting that.

Blessings,
    Moses
    “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Gil Bailie

You can post photos to my public FTP.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Moses,
    You can tell it to save your PMs as a excel, or text file.

Now to the light...
    My God! Your SELLING a Larry Light??????????
    oh oh, its for a good cause though, so ...

Your Selling a Larry Light??????????????????

I am lucky enough to have one of Larrys earlier protos also.
    Even though I cant bring myself to actually use the light,
    I dont think I could ever part with it.

Good Luck on your sale.

~John

Really need to see a pic on this..

Thanks for both for your offer to post photos. Will post later today. Late for work.

Blessings,
    Moses

Greetings,

Three photos sent to greenLED to so generously offered to help post the photoes. One photo shows one side. Two shows the other sides due to depth of field limitation. This way, you see the whole flashlight. The photos are unretouched in anyway, and realized that I should have cleaned the dust of the flashlight lens.

Thanks,
    Moses

Well, they are "retouched" now. Had to resize'em a bit
    Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by greenLED; 12-09-2005 at 11:50 AM.

pretty light but WAY out of my price range! almost 2 weeks pay! lmao

nemul,

Indeed. Given its collectibility and the good cause, I'm curious too so see how much funds this will actually raise.

Anyways, to all: Feel free to PM me offers that you think reasonable. Offer of check cut out to the charity is preferred but if you want to offer partial trades, that's fine too. I'll make a decision to maximize the benefits.

Thanks,
    Moses

Is this the predecessor to the Firefly? CR123, right.

Yes, 123 cell. Larry made these absolutely as thin as possible. One of the body has a cell with the wrapping removed for minimal thickness. This is the light that launched Larry's creations.

Thanks,
    Moses

Default Re: REDUCED - FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

Pending. But waiting for a public confirmation.

Thanks,
    Moses

Flashaholic

Default Re: REDUCED - FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

I will take it!
    LL123, NLS, KI-LE, KI-T-CR, MC38-V, Raw CR2 Ti, TNC N, Mclux PD III, SF M6, SF A2-HA-RD, SF E2E,SF E1E, SF 6P, SF G2, Aspherilux 125, Lionheart, Lion Cub, EternaLight Marine, Peak AAA, ARC AAA, X1, Jil DD, More Coming Soon

Default Re: SOLD - FS: LARRYLIGHT by TVODRD - 1st run ever, tax deductible

wow! excellent. I'll pull the pics down since this is a done deal.

greenLED,

THANKS for your help. If a picture is worth a thousand words, you helped with 3000....

The deal will be truly done by the end of Nov given our travel schedules. Is it OK to leave the pics up till then?

Thanks again regardless of whether the pics stay up or now. You've been a great help. What a great community as always.

Blessings,
    Moses

My pleasure. Could you please e-mail me when you guys are done so I can remove the pics? Thx.

Even better, I uploaded them to ImageShack for posterity