What's next after an E2L?

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Hi! from Quebec,Canada

I just bought a Surefire E2L that i like a lot!! very bright for the size! i carry it everyday.

I'd like to have your advice for the next one.I need something very bright for the backup of my Petzl MYO XP.I hesitate between a Surefire L5 or C2.

Am i better to stay with led's or go with an incandescant?

Thanks a lot for your attention.:laughing:

rmacias

Enlightened
sylvain said:
Hi! from Quebec,Canada

I just bought a Surefire E2L that i like a lot!! very bright for the size! i carry it everyday.

I'd like to have your advice for the next one.I need something very bright for the backup of my Petzl MYO XP.I hesitate between a Surefire L5 or C2.

Am i better to stay with led's or go with an incandescant?

Thanks a lot for your attention.:laughing:

I vote for the L5 it's a nice torch especially with the 2-stage Mc2ES switch. It should be more reliable than the incandescant for field work.

RJM

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a McLux two way switch for my E2E and it is simply amazing, I can't believe I waited this long to buy one, it made a excellent light even better.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bon Jour sylvain!

Welcome to "Teamgeek!"

You need a good incandescent torch to complement your E2L. I'm partial to Surefires but there are many, many, good options out there. If you stick with SF, I'd get a 6P. You can then get an extender later and turn it into a 9P. Now there are a lot of folks out there that would argue for a G2, the nitrolon version, but I personally like aluminium lights.

While I don't own any Streamlights, I know a few people who do and they rock. I feel their chief advantage is many of there incandescent lights carry a spare lamp internal to the torch. A very handy feature that I wish my SF collection did.

Anyway my advice would be get a "hotwire!"

kelmo

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Merci!

But why a 6P instead of a C2?

Is there someone who has a beamshot of a C2 vs a L5?

I need something very bright and not to heavy.

Thanks again for your help!

scuba

Enlightened
You might want to try the Streamlight TL-3. Not Surefire but a very bright light for the size.

nc987

Enlightened
But why a 6P instead of a C2

Price.

I have a 6P and a L5 and both are great lights. BOth have the same lumen rating so if you need a incandescent you might as well go with a surefire 9 volt so you have the optional 200 lumen lamp available to you. But then again you can do the same with a 6P and a extender. Ive been using my 6P alot and ive never had the desire for the 9 volt brightness

If youd like a beam shot comparison of my L5 and a 6P let me know.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Form factor also, the C2 is designed to be used with a hand gun. I like the smooth lines of the 6P/9P. They just feel good in my hand. I currently have a 9P and love it! I plan to get a KL3 head for it one of these days. If size is an issue, get the 6P. Like nc987 says, the 6P is plenty bright.

kelmo

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
sylvain said:
Merci!

But why a 6P instead of a C2?

Is there someone who has a beamshot of a C2 vs a L5?

I need something very bright and not to heavy.

Thanks again for your help!

You might check out flashlightreviews.com for both the C2 and L5. :)

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
I might consider a KL4 LED head or depending on cost a KL4 head and an E1E. That would give you a one and 2 cell body, a KL4 (very bright flood) and KL1 (great spot) LED heads and an incandescent bezel you could put on either body if you wanted an incan (with the correct lamp for that body).

Alternately, I would suggest you look at the A2 and the 9P depending on what you are looking for.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody!

I will go for the 6P or C2.I can find them here in Canada in a tactical police store.What i need is better throw than my Myo XP and SF E2L.I think that i will happy with a P60 lamp.

I can't wait!

I will let you know about my new purchase.:)

nc987

Enlightened
Heres some beamshots from both a 6P and L5 in case your still interested.

F2.8

shutter speed = 1/6th sec

Tow two lights
l5v6p1.jpg

The 6P
l5vs6p2.jpg

The L5
l5vs6p3.jpg

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for these nice beamshots your attention!

I tried my new C2 in the woods yesterday and i found the output and thow similar to my led scorpion...am i better to buy a P61 lamp to get an acceptable improvement? i will make others tests tonight.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I would get a TW4. Then you can have a interchangeable set. Add a McE2S switch too.

That would cover your LED needs.

If you want a incandescent, a 6P is nice and cheap, a C2 or M2 if you do shooting perhaps? Or just need the HA3.

For a bigger and super bright light consider stuff like the high power M@g mods in 2D or 3D forms. :D

Also perhaps something that is steady and long running is good for those power outrages, able to take lithiums primary cells for long storage. :)

Latest posts