Is River Rock still a mystery company?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a Google search for "river rock" flashlight. The only hits I got were review sites, posts on CPF, and references to Target stores.

Does anyone know if these lights have surfaced anywhere other than Target or who the manufacturer is.

I have bought several River Rock products, and they all seem to be of very decent quality. Just curious what the manufacturer's full line of products is.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't Target just stamp RR onto Nuwai lights which they buy in bulk? I imagine Target's warranty support means they'll take it back and give you a fresh one, not actually repair anything, so it's possible they have no "spare parts" supply source.

I think Nuwai just stamps "Nuwai" on lights distributed from Shyguang, and Shyguang probably just collects lights from various Chinese factories and oversees quality control at those factories.

Maybe Target bypassed Nuwai and buys directly from Shyguang.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm quite sure River Rock is a brand of Target.

And I can tell you for sure Shyguang isn't the manufacturer of these lights, nor Nuwai. They are both distributors.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Actually you are all wrong......they're made by a small group of Monks in Nepal! :crackup:

metalhed

Enlightened
Whoever makes em' does a pretty good job if the 4AA lantern is any indication.

For under twenty bucks, it seems very well made and engineered.

Except for the almost unusable blink mode, that is. :sick2:

Malpaso

Enlightened
The only sure thing is that they are made in China, correct?

That being the case, what is an equivalent lantern (AA/LED) made in the US, price not being a concern?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
There are small boutiques that handle categories for the Big Box stores. I know of one that does the ceiling fans for Home Depot and Lowes. They source everything including design, packaging, manufacturing and fulfillment. I would suspect these lights are made by such a company.

bennyandthesets

Newly Enlightened
it's like kenmore was for sears, different manufacturers, all repackaged for target. at least thats what the manager I asked told me

greenLED

Flashaholic
mossyoak said:
...maybe these lights just magically appear on a ship from china hmm conspiracy?

I'm tellin'ya... it's MagLED!:naughty:

:huh2::laughing: actually, I'm just writing nonsense, I have no idea where these come from, who makes them, etc. Ask 4sevens, he's a major distributor.

10mmWiseman

Newly Enlightened
I don't know the back story on who is really making them but I really like some of their stuff! :buddies:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a limited observation as I only have the River Rock 0.5w 2AAA (comparison review linked) bought from Target

On the back of the package the model # is T-TM311X-B

My Nuwai QIII model # TM-303X

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
All River Rock flashlights are made in China and they are made by the same company that makes Nuwai/Shykuang/... flashlights. They're just rebranded.