Rechargeable M@G idea

Makarov

Enlightened
I've been collecting stuff to make myself a Hotwire M@G-mod(not sure what I'll end up with yet, but it's going to be D-format as I've got a D KIU-kit on order)

I've seen the nice tailcapswitches around, and think these looks great. The "problem" then is what to do with the original switch? on solution is to remove it by cutting down the tube, the other suggested is to use it to regulate high/low output of the light.

Looking at the pictures of the KIU-kit I noticed how big the switch assembly really is, and I know I've seen pictures somewhere of modders adding circuts there when using the M@G as a host for LED's, I thought why not remove the switch assembly and add a recharging adapter of some sort.
If you could make it the same size, it could be almost like a dropin, with a female tail jack connector sticking out of the "switchhole" (maybe with some sort of cover over it) and make it so there's only to drop in rechargeable batteries in the configuration you want/need.
Make it so that it fit a KIU-kit, add a tailswitch and hey presto! instant RC.

I know that Fivemega and some others sell modded M@G's where you can charge the batteries via a female jack connector in the tail, but as I understand it these are "dumb". If you could whip up some electronics that could regulate the charge you could use the cheap chargers that you get with every electrical appliance nowadays.

I'm not good on electronics(or I would have tried to make this myself just to bask in the glory here on CPF :D) so I don't know if this is doable or not, I just thought it was a cool idea.

Feel free to tell me why and how this can/cannot be done, I'm off to eat pizza and watch a movie down at my neighbour :wave:

*EDIT*
It came to me in the shower that RC is RadioControlled and NOT Rechargeable...
Title changed

Last edited: