4 minutes to xbox 360 release

raggie33

*the raggedier*
at 12 eastern its on sale.im watching itlive on tech tv or what ever its called now. man its crazy.ill get one soon as the sony come out with ps3 since sony will kill the 360 i thiunk

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man ya should see it live on tv.there is truck after truck loaded with me.they just ran the big old trucks one after another in this big building id guess there is a million of em in there or at least a lot lol.perhaps now i can afford games for my old xbox lol

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere yesterday (Engadget??? One of the tech sites anyway) that MS was only releasing about 25% of the ones that were pre-ordered and prepaid.... that it may be a couple of months before a LOT of people that paid for them months ago will actually get theirs.

Don't know if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silviron said:
I read somewhere yesterday (Engadget??? One of the tech sites anyway) that MS was only releasing about 25% of the ones that were pre-ordered and prepaid.... that it may be a couple of months before a LOT of people that paid for them months ago will actually get theirs.

Don't know if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

thats BS if it is true! if i prepaid/preordered and couldn't get it on the release day i would be PO. thats why you prepaid to make sure you get one on the release day..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think sony is going to be way better then the 360 but man the 360 is so darn cool.but i preafre sonys

idleprocess

Flashaholic
...and there are hundreds of people lined up in front of the local Best Buy, hoping to snag one at midnight! Or is it 10:00 AM, when the store opens tomorrow?

DarkLight

Enlightened
From what I have seen of screenshots it finally caught up to my two year old pc for graphics quality....

Consoles ? :xyxgun:

mccavazos

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
i think sony is going to be way better then the 360 but man the 360 is so darn cool.but i preafre sonys

Spec wise the 360 already beats the ps3, and the game programmers are already saying that they hate the design of the ps3, saying that there is more capability in the 360 and that the potential is much higher. I think that this gen of consoles is going to be very interesting. I think that the ps3 is going to be a great system, though. The ps2 never really competed graphically with the xbox, or even the gamecube, but Sony will not the make the same mistake again. The Playstation has an amazing fan base. I am also really excited about the reveloution, they spent alot of time and money refining the way that people play games.a

DarkLight said:
From what I have seen of screenshots it finally caught up to my two year old pc for graphics quality....

Consoles ? :xyxgun:

That is suprising seeing as how the 360 is using graphics technology more advanced than the GeForce 7800s. Alot of the screens that have been shown and demos that are available are not full renders. These games are also all first gen, of a new generation. Considering the improvements in graphical quality that the xbox made from its first gen games to the current ones, I think that before this generation is over, we will be seeing nearly photorealistic games. What I am really excited about is the next true generation leap when games will have 3 dedicated cards (one fore physics, one for graphics, and one for general computations.)

Last edited:

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI mccavazos, the XBox 360 has a Cell processor with three Synergistic Processing Units (SPUs), or cores.

The PlayStation 3 has five SPUs.

PS3 has double the RAM.

Faster GFX processor

Better optical drive (40GB Blu-Ray in the PS3 VS 4.7GB DVD in the XB360)

There goes youre argument right out the window.

Have a nice rest of your life maybe.

--neg

mccavazos

Enlightened
Neg2LED said:
FYI mccavazos, the XBox 360 has a Cell processor with three Synergistic Processing Units (SPUs), or cores.

The PlayStation 3 has five SPUs.

PS3 has double the RAM.

Faster GFX processor

Better optical drive (40GB Blu-Ray in the PS3 VS 4.7GB DVD in the XB360)

There goes youre argument right out the window.

Have a nice rest of your life maybe.

--neg

First of all the 360 processor is not a cell processor.
It is a Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
-3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
-2 hardware threads per core
-1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
-1 MB L2 cache

Second, the ps3 has 256 MB of ram whereas the 360 has 512.

Third, the bluray is hardly a superior drive. It has more sorage capacity per disk, but at the sacrifice of read speed. Currently the read speed of a bluray disk is 2x at max, there are plans for as high as 8x, but that it still 2 or three years off. The DVD-9 drive that the 360 has is 12x. THis equates to much faster load times, and the ability for programmers to create their own compression algorithims that run directly from the disk.

On top of all of this, teh Xbox has xbox live service, and they don't have that nasty tendincy to catch of fire that the ps3 protos do.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/#1.7

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6412.cfm

I don't see how my argument dissiapates.

Chris

Last edited:

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say anything about the PS3 cause I dont have one, and I've never seen one. All I can say is that the 360 is pretty sweet ;)

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
either/or, how did you get 3 of them when some ppl where in line for hours and cant get one?