18650 Li-Ion Battery

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
What is the highest mAH rated 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery available
that has a protective circuit and is chargeable in a Pila charger ???

Who supplies them on the net ?

.......... :thinking:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I think the highest capacity are 2400 mAH these days, not sure about the protection. I'd go Pila all the way.

balazer

Enlightened
Highest capacity protected 18650 is AW's, 2200 mAh. Highest capacity unprotected is LG 2400 mAh, at batteryspace.com.

But the Pila recharger relies on the battery's protection circuit to interrupt the charging process. AW's batteries have an overcharge protection cut-off of 4.35 V, which is good to prevent the battery from going up in flames, but bad for the life of the battery.

I'd recommend the DSD lithium ion charger, which terminates the charge at 4.10 or 4.20 V. You can get the charger for around $10 from AW, Emil, Dae, or Lighthound. Emil has an optional automotive power adapter for the DSD charger.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow--I like my Wolf Eyes cells but now I wonder if I did right to invest in three $28 Wolf Eyes chargers (2 AC, one AC). It sounds as though I should use my $10 DSD AC charger when possible. That way, I'd be able to use my charged-up cells with a 12V lamp after one day of cooling, instead of waiting two days. I didn't know about Emilion's DC adapter for it.

At what voltage do Wolf Eyes / Pila cells cut off the charge?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't satisfied with the capacities of the Wolf Eyes when they came out a few years ago so I did this:

152_5255_IMG.jpg

I took the protection circuit and moved it to a 2000mAH Panasonic Li-Ion host which at the time was higher capacity than the Wolf Eyes that I had. With 2400mAH cells available, I should probably move the circuit to a new host.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sold a bunch of 2400mah LG 18650's. They really pack a punch.
Right now I'm out of stock but will get more soon.
I replaced the 18650 cells in my sony laptop and got more than
33% increase in runtime... more because the old cells were wearing down.
I remember when the pack was new it would give me 3 hours full blast.
Now I get over 4 hours! :D

MSI

Enlightened
Sanyo has the highest available capacity cell available, as far as I know of, with their 2600mAh UR18650F cell. They also have another very interesting cell in the UR18650W cell, 15A discharge current and 1600mAh.