Mag-lite 6D and 2D modifications?

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
I have lurked here for some time. I have a 6D and 2D Maglites that I pretty much don't use because of my Surefires. However I would like to do some mods to these light just never attempted any and dont know where to start. I will explain what I am looking for from most impotant to least. Cheap mod, Easy for a beginner however mechanically (sp) inclined, Bright this is the only reason I am thinking about doing mods I really want as much throw as possible on both lights, would love to have a led mod for the 2D. Thanks any help is appreciated.

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
The more I think about it I would like to have the 6D with as much of a throw as possible and brightness, with the 2D more of a LED with high runtime. Thanks again.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6D, drop in 2 MagCharger packs and a potted WA1166 bulb. That will get you 1000 lumens or so. No soldering or tricks. you can get a $29 Universal Smart Charger to charge both packs individually or at same time. The packs are like $21 and the bulb is $6 or $7 from Litho123 or Light-Edge.. Never need to buy a battery again, pleanty of juice to run that bulb for over 1 hour on a charge. You will of course need a glass lens,(FlashLightLens.com) and an aluminum reflector (Light-Edge.com)too. A stock 6D is at best 100 lumens on a Krypton high output bulb so this should be 10 times brighter. No soldering. No BS. Just bright light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Check out LED-Replacement for a drop-in LED for that 2D Mag of yours.

NikolaTesla, can that really be done with the 6D + 2 1/2 D-Cell Rechargeable NiCad Battery packs + WA01166 into the 6D Mag? Along with the needed parts of course. . .Just to reiterate.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure can. The 5 Sub D pack fits in 3D space at 6 volts. so 12 volts for 2 Runs a 1166 over 1000 lumens. Don't try it with a 1185 bulb thow. Too much voltage.
NT
:huh:
CHC said:
Check out LED-Replacement for a drop-in LED for that 2D Mag of yours.

NikolaTesla, can that really be done with the 6D + 2 1/2 D-Cell Rechargeable NiCad Battery packs + WA01166 into the 6D Mag? Along with the needed parts of course. . .Just to reiterate.