Yet one more keychain gadget ?

DimBeam

Enlightened
I love gadgets on my keychain and currently have a Leatherman Micra, Arc AAA-P, and a small spyderco knife. I have room(not really) for one more gadget. What would you make the fourth and last addition?...Thanks

LowWorm

Enlightened
How about one of these nice Tombow XL pens, DimBeam? It's got a hole for a split ring or small lanyard:

55050.jpg

http://www.penwa.com/tombow/objectxl.htm

I don't have one, but have had my eye on them for a while...I like the compact form factor and the "write anywhere" ink (like the Fisher pens) it runs on.

Last edited:

alauda

Enlightened
Peter Atwood's PryBaby...really well made and incredibly useful.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
prybaby :rock: excellent suggestion, maybe a swisstech utilikey. Take the arc off and put a photon on then you can fit 2 more gadgets on :grin2:

dfred

Enlightened
How about the classic P-38?

Available at most surplus stores for less than $1...

(Dang, in the 3 minutes it took me to find a good link, you beat me to it! :) )

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a FireFli flashlight on my keychain. When I show people my EDC lights they are usually most intrigured by my FireFli light. This light is so small it should not count against your number of keychain gadgets.

JSBURLYS.com carries this light but his sight is temporily inaccessable.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it will have some redundant tools, I absolutely love the Victorinox Signature II and Manager II line. These are the tiny knives that include pens in one side of the handle (in place of the fairly useless toothpick). The pen cartridges are replaceable, all metal and actually write very, very well.

I can't count how many times I haven't had to search/borrow a pen when I didn't think I'd have needed one. Of course, the small knife and scissors (and screwdriver/bottle opener on the Manager version) come in handy too.

You can also get the "Midnite" or "Signature Lite" versions which have...dun dun dundun....a red LED light as well instead of the tweezers. Its pretty decent for finding keyholes and barebones navigation with fully dark adapted eyes.

Edit: Quick question- The Prybaby looks good and I may want to get one, but they look a bit on the $$ side for what they are. I found them here:
http://www.moorecutlery.com/CustomKnives/atwood-peter/index.php

Is there a cheaper place to get them?

Last edited:

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm.... since u already got a multi-tool, a knife and a light, how about a small laser pointer? Can get them a couple of bucks nowadays...Useful for presentations and irritating the hell outta your siblings! :p

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pepper spray? Anybody know how safe those key chain pepper spray tubes are? Are they likely to "get ya" when you're prying them out of tight pants pockets?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
bubbacatfish said:
Lunal Tic, what is Lee Valley going to charge for shipping to Japan?

I was going to have them shipped to Texas but even that is $6 and the drivers are only $6.95. Sometimes I'm cheap sometimes not, on this however . . . :ohgeez:

-LT

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solstice said:
While it will have some redundant tools, I absolutely love the Victorinox Signature II and Manager II line. These are the tiny knives that include pens in one side of the handle (in place of the fairly useless toothpick). The pen cartridges are replaceable, all metal and actually write very, very well.

I can't count how many times I haven't had to search/borrow a pen when I didn't think I'd have needed one. Of course, the small knife and scissors (and screwdriver/bottle opener on the Manager version) come in handy too.

You can also get the "Midnite" or "Signature Lite" versions which have...dun dun dundun....a red LED light as well instead of the tweezers. Its pretty decent for finding keyholes and barebones navigation with fully dark adapted eyes.

Edit: Quick question- The Prybaby looks good and I may want to get one, but they look a bit on the $$ side for what they are. I found them here:
http://www.moorecutlery.com/CustomKnives/atwood-peter/index.php

Is there a cheaper place to get them?
Great thread :)
I'll 2nd the Manager II which I EDC along with my Jil DD LiON and a Photon Freedom as back-up. Sometimes I swap the Jil with a RAW Ubin and a Firefli as back-up.

I found a good review on Manager II well worth reading. I didn't realize this gadget was so versatile. Like:
"Let's list the features! This is going to be fun!

- Knife
- Scissor
- Bottle opener
- Phillips screwdriver
- Wire stripper
- Cuticle pusher
- Ruler
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Nail file
- Seat belt cutter
- Orange peel/rind cutter blade
- Pen
- Red LED light
- Lanyard ring "
Here's the link: http://www.epinions.com/content_161730498180#ow

As for pepper spray, I EDC that in my car on the 'real' business end of my Tiger11. Definately would like to get that FireSteel. Can't seem to find a use for those kewl looking prybaby tools, as far as my EDC lifestyle. Might get one for my BOB which also has a nice Swiss Army Knife with can opener and corkscrew ;)

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Wow, first time I seen/heard of one of those Prybaby keychains. I want one now but they seem to have a pretty hefty price on them for what they are. $35 and up? Are they really worth it?

SolarFlare

Enlightened
No, they're not worth it, unless of course you want one?

Then they are worth it, its a tool that is well thought out. I want one too , Infact I want the prybaby the bug out bar and the mini bug out too.

Atwood is a professional tool maker , but because he makes all his products personally, supplies are limited, hence the price. If its your job then you have to make a living from it.

Group buy :rock: