Will LED Head Fit SF Shotgun Light?

lentuk

Newly Enlightened
I have a SF shotgun forend light with an incan head #A20139. Does anyone know if a KL5 LED head will interchange?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you have a 6V WeaponLight it will have a Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel.

The whole Lamp Module is the L60 which includes the Z32 bezel, P60 lamp assembly and the lamp module housing body that contains the second SF123A (the first is contained in the housing/mount).
P114.jpg

Normally, the KL3 and KL5 bezels interchangeable without issue on 6V standard SureFire flashlights such as the 6P, G2, C2 etc.
The KL3 and KL5 can replace the Z32 but I have no feedback as to how well this functions as a WeaponLight. I assume it would work well. I have a concern about it's water-proofness but that may be unfounded.
I would certainly be interested in any feedback from the firing range as to how well this combination performs.

P113.jpg

Al

lentuk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I now have concerns about clearance of the extended mag. tube bracket, are these heads KL3, KL5 a bigger diameter? They look bigger in the pic. Especially the KL5.

mokona2

Enlightened
If the KL5 is rated at about 65 lumens and isn't much bigger than the Z32, what is the part number for an HA finished body tube to match?

Size15's

Flashaholic
mokona2 said:
If the KL5 is rated at about 65 lumens and isn't much bigger than the Z32, what is the part number for an HA finished body tube to match?

No such part that I'm aware of.

I guess you could put a KL6 on an LM90 Lamp Module (replaces the "M3" bezel) but I suspect that such a combination will be too long for a shotgun ????.

mokona2

Enlightened
Thanks Size15. I have the weaponlight for the Mossberg 500/590 series. As far as I know, only the 9V system has the HAIII finish, which looks way too long on a 18.5" barrel. I'll live with it since I also have a 9P and a D3 w/ SRTH handy. Hmm.. may try and clamp the 9P on just to see if it would fit.