UV Flashlight Use?

fleegs

Enlightened
Can somebody help me? I was wondering what people would use a UV flashlight for?

Thanks,
rob

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Rob,
Use the search function with UV in the subject line. You will find a number of threads just like the one you have started here.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, take a look at member, Xenopus's, sight. On that sight is a pdf spread sheet that speaks volumns in a small space.

It varifies that the Cree would be premium for scorpion hunting. Real world use could be varified by tvodrd. I'm looking forward to purchasing one of HarryN's run of CR2 Side-By-Sides with a Cree UV in it. McGizmo has built some Crees using a reflector with proper geometry hosted by some of his wonderful machine work and they are available at the the shoppe.

Lunal Tic is the owner of an exotic McGizmo built Nichia unobtainium UV. This is a awful light with an existance of no purpose that I would admit to other than to cause my face to light up as if a 5W cyan was blazing away on me. Just because I like Lunal Tic, I would be willing to take it off his hands for 10 - 15 bucks...maybe more.

For actual usage, the kitchen is the target. If I make something with eggs, that night I look for any egg material that escaped clean up. If I make a poultry dish I look around for any bacteria that may be growing later. I don't find that anymore but I find little splatters of egg consistantly.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, PW. Though I have them book marked, I like to go look at them and remind myself I need to buy them. Those are excellent solutions.

*EDIT* without popping those hyper links I thought you had posted those UV lights you like. My bad.

The sites you posted contain interesting material. Now I have to go back and read about those mines and those minerals.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have always wanted to visdit the mines of Franklin, NJ. I've heard that there's at least one fluorescent mineral mine in Franklin that is open to the public on occasion. It has got to be awesome inside there with a shortwave UV lamp.