Is Petzl improving the MYO XP?

LVC2

Newly Enlightened
I was just on REI's website and noticed two Petzl headlamps on sale. One was the "classic" Tikka Plus which is on sale due to an improved Tikka being released with the new brighter 5mm LEDs. The other Petzl headlamp on sale was the MYO XP. Does anyone know if Petzl is going to offer an improved version anytime soon. (Could we dare dream of a regulated XP with a Boost mode that isn't temporary?)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard tell of any planned improvements yet, but I run my Myo XP on nimh cells, which gives me the steady, non-declining output you're looking for. I suppose you could use lithiums as well if you wanted to go with primary cells.

Save Ferris!

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
The Petzl headlamp range is a bit OTT now so it's no wonder there's confusion. The Tikka XP is lighter and cheaper than the Myo XP but it's not as powerful and it takes AAAs instead of AAAs so it doesn't last as long.

I'm happy with my Myo XP. With the diffuser flipped up it gives plenty of light spread for night walking. With the diffuser flipped down, I had fun spotting deer in a valley by the reflections in their eyes! It was a bit creepy being surrounded by them though! :faint: