HDS Systems

Thread: Maglite question

Default Maglite question

Is there a point to get a 6 D maglite??

i was surprise to find out that 5 D produce less Lux than a 4 D.
    seems like 5 D is not a best buy.

seems a bit point less to get a 6D unless you want to use it to beat someone with it.

any opinion??
    Last edited by wuyeah; 11-28-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Default Re: Maglite question

NikolaTesla mentioned that with the Mag-Light 6D configuration, you can run a WA01166 with an output of roughly 1000 lumens just by using two (2) of the MagCharger's rechargeable batteries sticks in it.
    LUX'Ottica

That sounds like fun!! But does 6D keep up with brightness?
    from light review shows that 4D brightness slide fairly quickly by time.

I have a 6D and basically I like the size for a weapon and ruggedness, also, it means you can squish more batts in there so you are able to achieve a loooong runtime.

I still haven't charged my two strings of 4 pila batts - over 8 months of use on both high and low & inbetween (nflex with 3 x lux 3 throwers baby!!)
    Ahhh...so glow me!

Quote Originally Posted by CHC
    NikolaTesla mentioned that with the Mag-Light 6D configuration, you can run a WA01166 with an output of roughly 1000 lumens just by using two (2) of the MagCharger's rechargeable batteries sticks in it.
    I like this idea. If I bought MagCharger batteries how would I charge them without a MagCharger?

I have an old 6D Mag that I keep six alkaline D cells in. I changed the lamp to a Surefire P90 held in place by pressure from the LDF lens. Works great and has hours for runtime. It stays in the house.

I thought about that to NotRegulated. I'm still learning here, but maybe one of those chargers like Maha C777+II or GreatPlanes ElectriFly Triton?
    LUX'Ottica

Would a 4D be more user friendly for its size?? acompany with 14 10mm LED mod??

I don't think the 14 10mm LED fits on 6D. beacuae it is not meantioned on this selling listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/35-LED-Bright-Wh...QQcmdZViewItem

Fourteen Ten millimeters in/on a Mag? Doesn't that look strange looking? Have you tried looking at this site?

http://shop.drumbalaya.com/s.nl/sc.12/category.289/.f
    LUX'Ottica

Wow.....a flashlight neverland!!!

just when you thought that is cool, CHC always hit you with something better!

I start to love this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRegulated
    I like this idea. If I bought MagCharger batteries how would I charge them without a MagCharger?

I have an old 6D Mag that I keep six alkaline D cells in. I changed the lamp to a Surefire P90 held in place by pressure from the LDF lens. Works great and has hours for runtime. It stays in the house.

Great idea with the 6D Mag, do you need to insulate the lamp holder or just pop in the LA and fire straight away? I tried on mine but it didn't light up.

Flashaholic

I have all of the D cell mags. Depending on what you want to use it for, I like the 4D the best. It provides the light I need & is much easier to control in a self defense situation.
    Let no mans ghost say his training let him down.
    Be Safe.

Where can purchase WA01166 bulb??

The other thread meantioned that charger and recharge battery can be find at Kmart, Walmart.

If it is that simple, I am up to try!

BTW.....got the 6D today. Wow heavy as hell with battery. Thinking about getting a 4D tomorrow. Since they are less than 60 dollars combin. I love the price tag on those lights.

Searching all night without sleeping.....

under "Maglite mod"
    Have no luck finding place that sells better maglite reflector to fit on 4D, 6D. Where do you guys find it?? I really tried my best

You can try Light-edge.com, look under Mag Reflectors..

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    You can try Light-edge.com, look under Mag Reflectors..
    I did check over there. They have 3 version. With no picture. Don't know which one work better/brighter than original package reflector.

I looked at these, can't workout, which will do what ?

Am reliably informed I need toi change the bulb and reflector on a MAG Chargeable to get the better light I crave,

Any ideas guys ?

Alan
    The grim reaper comes, the grim reaper goes, nobody knows when the grim reaper shows.

The grim reapers here, the grim reapers there, some need fear the reapers spear.

Look up Fivemega I think it's in the Group Buys and Passarounds section, since he does make a custom replacement reflector for the MagCharger (will fit only MagCharger). Have not tried that one.

I have the said reflector from Light-Edge and they seem to work out pretty good—an overall beam pattern better than the stock plastic ones in the Mags. The one I have is the MOP (Medium Orange Peel). It's in the regular 3D Mag with the drop-in DB-3W from LED Replacement and the other one is in the MagHID. Plus I did replace the lens with UCLs. . .
    LUX'Ottica

My 4D has a reasonable size and weight...
    For me 2D is too small, but 6D is really too much long..

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah
    Is there a point to get a 6 D maglite??
    Not for me; 4D is about as big as I've been willing to go. And now that I have smaller but brighter lights, I seldom use my 4DMag.