Sold/Expired ██ SCAM ██ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light ██ SCAM ██

Status
Not open for further replies.

csshih

Re: ███ SCAM ███ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED! ███ SCAM ███

eek! wow, this thread has gone much messier beyond the arc mania scandal...

easilyled

Well done proline, you probably have slightly more chance of getting your Ti SFs now. :thumbsup:

smack2000

I think what's most important here is that the honest people who are currently waiting on product from Arc Mania get what they've paid for. I wish you all the best of luck, and hopefully this particular situation doesn't cause him to 'take the money and run' as his last effort to profit from CPF members.

MJ, I know you're reading this -- just do the right and honest thing from here on out and be honest and don't take anyone's money. You will at least be respected for that.

Illum

eek! wow, this thread has gone much messier beyond the arc mania scandal...

well, much attention was turned off the topic by the irritating misprints and the little moves here and there by tangent posts...
Donn_, care to open a new thread for that light of yours? its beautiful but it doesn't belong here:grin2:

After reading Dat2Zip's post I was like :wtf: but now some ten posts later do feel that we are some ways possessing a mobster mentality:shakehead

The intention of leaving this open for victims to vent is noble in its own, but at this rate the ice is becoming dangerously thin:tired:
Arc Mania, if you have anything to say it please do so now...the Jury is tired and wants an arnold palmer:D

donn_

Donn_, care to open a new thread for that light of yours? its beautiful but it doesn't belong here:grin2:

Quite a few of the posts on this thread don't belong here, according to the forum's rules. Mine was intended to lighten up the atmosphere a bit.:kiss:

Now we see members conjecturing Mike will not deliver on his prepay threads. He's done some pretty dicey things recently, and has been late on most of his prepays, but I don't recall him ever failing to deliver.

Radio

Modulated Moderator

"Revelations II" The Sequel :ohgeez:

Nobody ever really knows the man behind the curtain, Great catch DM51 :twothumbs

Hammer Train

Banned

Quite a few of the posts on this thread don't belong here, according to the forum's rules. Mine was intended to lighten up the atmosphere a bit.:kiss:

Now we see members conjecturing Mike will not deliver on his prepay threads. He's done some pretty dicey things recently, and has been late on most of his prepays, but I don't recall him ever failing to deliver.

I know this thread will be a shock to many of us, including me as I have about $900 worth of his flashlights at the moment and I am seriously concerned. HOWEVER the rules seem to be being streched to in many of the posts in this thread IMO, I would love to post a message about how awful this situation is and what a ride we've all been taken for (etc) but I'll refrain as I am concerned for those who are in pre-pay (not me though just for clarity), and I think Mike still has the chance to put this right at least for those guys and then perhaps bow out with some dignity remaining
rather than in a cloud of stink and unfilfilled pre-paid orders! Donn is right when he questions if he has ever failed to actually deliver a version of the product once paid for...

Last edited:

F250XLT

As previously mentioned, let's not start speculating about his current pre-orders.....That is not what this thread is about, nor has that been a matter of question in the past.

znomit

Ignoring the drama...
Its an ugly light with a poor efficiency emitter and probably a dumb cycle-through-all modes UI too. And no beam shots. And its expensive. And construction quality is dubious. You're paying for the resellers name and the somewhat exotic emitter.

"The spec sheet say “only” 700 lumens minimum... ...So I check output, test the battery, and make sure that out of the box it is going to work. I have had to send some back but they just did not meet my standards."

At 400$ why would anyone buy this over the 90$ magicshine?

smack2000

I have no opinion on what he has delivered in the past as I've never done business with him and I'm certainly not surprised that he has always come through (or all of this action would have taken place long ago).

My conjecture is based on the fact that he is essentially being chased out of CPF as we speak, receiving an unprecedented level of criticism, and I'm concerned that he may just decide to throw his middle finger in the air and disappear after being bashed this hard. For the sake of those with money involved, I hope he doesn't.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member

and wgat do you know about how much or not I know Greta?
That is is somewhat rich...

Well... for starters... I know for certain that you have no clue whatsoever what administrative discussions and actions have taken place... we'll stop right there, I think. It's enough.

scout24

Staff member

Donn- If that does fit an 18650, and that was a WTS, :takeit: Watcha runnin' in there for driver/ emitter? Very pretty camo... Got one plain? I personally have had no dealings with ArcMania, but this saddens me, not only from the standpoint that there may have been dishonesty afoot, but I hate seeing all of the bickering going on. :shakehead As a group, we're better than this. On second thought, I'd actually prefer 17670's Donn. I've got more of them on hand at the moment. Let me know! Pineapple = Good... :grouphug:

OscarTheDog

OK...I gotta come clean...all my lights and parts are from Kmart, and I'm definitely not wearing my underwear :eek:

Dang when i met you i thought there was something odd :thinking: about you. BIG Thanks To DM51 :grouphug:

OTD

Tractor man

Blimey, this is better than an episode of enders :popcorn:

BTW, nice pineapple Donn :hitit:

Hammer Train

Banned

As previously mentioned, let's not start speculating about his current pre-orders.....That is not what this thread is about, nor has that been a matter of question in the past.

You might not be too worried about the pre-orders, but would you be if you were in for several $100's?! I'll leave it there but please have some consideration for those who are committed.

donn_

It's not for sale, scout24. I'm diligently building a collection of this camo pattern. The Pineapple Aleph 3 is number 6 in that collection.

The light engine, right now, is a direct drive SST-50. :naughty:

F250XLT

You might not be too worried about the pre-orders, but would you be if you were in for several $100's?! I'll leave it there but please have some consideration for those who are committed.

You are missing my point completely :shakehead I am not saying folks should not be worried, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here by speculating about the delivery of in production lights. I want nothing more, than for everyone here to be made whole in any pre-pay they are vested in.

arewethereyetdad

Moderator,

Since everyone seems to be here, I'll ask a question:

Does anyone know if there is enough metal in an aluminum PEU Pineapple to bore it out for an 18650?

Donn, I've got to say this post made me bust a gut.:twothumbs

But back OT, if it were me on the hot seat I'd sure as hell offer up a better explanation of my actions than what has been posted thus far. Mike, we're waiting. :whistle:

fyrstormer

Banned

Nobody is permitting bashing..
The sticky is made so rhat other members will not miss these news of this latest scam..
Fine, so lock it. People can read it without commenting, and the comments haven't been useful for several pages now.

Status
Not open for further replies.