1000mW 450nm Blue Laser Pointer

Laser2012

Newly Enlightened
Hi,every one. I am here again. I've found a 1000mW 450nm high power blue laser pointer sold for $98.59. Is the price reasonable? What's the normal worth for a 1000mw laser? Need some professional info from you all. Thanks in advance. [h=1][/h]

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not going to say anything about how much a completed laser should cost. I'll say that the diode can be had for $50, is all I'll say. Other parts are needed: switches, driver circuitry, adjustable lens. For a legal device, still more parts are needed, possibly including but not limited to keylocks, electronic delays, quick disconnecting interlock, separate radiation indicator, etc.

mikecu

Newly Enlightened
Hi,every one. I am here again. I've found a 1000mW 450nm high power blue laser pointer sold for $98.59. Is the price reasonable? What's the normal worth for a 1000mw laser? Need some professional info from you all. Thanks in advance.

That price is lower than what I found with a Google search.
Do you have a link to the one that you found?

firelord777

Enlightened
I think I may have seen it cheaper, but I'm not sure. Just remember to get safety goggles, if you search around LPF, you'll find an unfortunate story of someone who got a split second hit from 1000mw without goggles,

Cheers

Laser2012

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I just come back from a summer vocation. In fact I decided not to buy it because I may get detained by US Custom. It is so strict in US legal. But if you like, I can give you the link here. You should be careful for I just heard hurt from it. Good luck.
That price is lower than what I found with a Google search.
Do you have a link to the one that you found?

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
For that low of a price, chances are the diode is overdriven as well. If you want the diode to last, I would suggest not keeping it on more than 5 seconds at a time. It might overheat.

Latest posts