10440 High Discharge Version sought

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks the same. I use those cells. Though rated for 3a continuous, they can burst higher than that.

Highest drains I'm aware of are the MBI "nukes." Check Matchboxinstruments. IIRC, 30 amp burst-only is the big boy atm. @350mah, this will squash them in seconds.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they are the same. IMR are always high-discharge, as far as I know, and it shows the chemistry on the label. Lithium manganese (LiMn) is definitely going to be good for high-drain applications.

I also have a couple of those cells, and they have worked well for me. A modded Fenix E05 puts out around 1000 lumens with a fresh charge (direct drive). Not bad for the humble AAA-size cell.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
A modded Fenix E05 puts out around 1000 lumens with a fresh charge (direct drive). Not bad for the humble AAA-size cell.

I love the 21st century. XPL HI is going to blow that away, and be blown away in turn next year. Love it. :)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the 21st century. XPL HI is going to blow that away, and be blown away in turn next year. Love it. :)

Blow it away in what sense? I don't want a tiny light to try to be a thrower...it is never going to happen. So the output of standard domed XP-L is already perfect for that light. XP-L HI would be a downgrade, at least for my use.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm always on the lookout for more output in a single mode DD blaster that gets uncomfortable to touch in 20 seconds. I'm a weirdo, yeah, I know. :)

If you've got 1000, I want 1200. You have 1200, I want 1400. Like that. :)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm always on the lookout for more output in a single mode DD blaster that gets uncomfortable to touch in 20 seconds. I'm a weirdo, yeah, I know. :)

If you've got 1000, I want 1200. You have 1200, I want 1400. Like that. :)

Heh, I get that. I'm the same way...while I don't want all my lights driven like that, I do certainly want the option.

The thing is, XP-L HI is no brighter than XP-L. It allows greater throw (higher surface brightness) but not higher output.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have zero XL HI at this time, so I have no experience to go on. I certainly will read your posts and CPF concerning this. I'm very interested in ANY new emitter.

A 30 amp micro battery should open a few technical doors... XHP70 keychain light? I'm good with 3k-ish lumens! :)

...for now!

Last edited: