11,500 lumen 14° 12V MR16 bulb

Delvance

Enlightened
Re: 11,400 lumen 14° 12V MR16 bulb

Does sound a bit crazy as you said. Tungsten would melt way before it reached that kind of lumens/watt ratio...unless it's not a tungsten filament ?

The filament, whether axial or not, shouldn't affect the lumens/watt ratio.:popcorn:

Illum

Flashaholic
sounds like something they'd use at Luxor hotel, Vegas

When you mentioned 11,500 lumens, first thought: wtf?
I thought it was metal helide or HID...but I havent heard of HIDs driving at 12V

I dont think the lumen rating is even remotely close...besides, any idea whats the application for such a strong amount of light?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the lumen output on all the bulbs they are selling, they are all out of line.

Jeff

mdocod

Flashaholic
it's ver obvious that it is a misprint- or a confusion between where the decimal should be, or perhaps a lux measurement and not a lumens measurment...

a 2000 hour halogen @75W will generally be closer to 800-1100 lumens....

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
offroadcmpr said:
I think that they added an extra zero

Apparently they did that will all the other bulbs they were selling, also.

I got to get a hold of Wilkey and see if he found any promising bulbs out there for the Polaris.

Jeff

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
xpitxbullx said:
Apparently they did that will all the other bulbs they were selling, also.

I got to get a hold of Wilkey and see if he found any promising bulbs out there for the Polaris.

Jeff

I agree with the other folks, the lumen output is obviously off by a decimal place or some other big factor.

What sort of bulbs are you looking for, Jeff?

I've been using the Solux 5,300K CCT 50W, 24 degree in my unit ever since the original Polaris build. It is the best lamp I've found for close to medium range (5-25') use. The color, spot quality and output are darn close to optimal. For in-house, around the property and short trips into the city, I hardly carry my MC85 or Mag60 anymore. The only time I bring the MC85 is when I know I'll be needing serious throw.

BTW, I will be posting a template for the heat shields for the MR-16 bulbs. I apologize for taking so long to do so. But when you install these on your bulbs, you'll find a decent reduction in back-radiated heat and a slight bump in overall output.

I'm glad to hear that folks are still using their Polaris.

Wilkey

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking for a 75W or greater with tight spot. Can you point me in the right direction?

Good to see you, again. :)

Jeff