12" tall red LED traffic hand $25 to $35

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, $35 will buy lots of fun with that thing. Be great to build an auto parking device for your garage. When you reach a certain point and break a beam with your car, the big red hand comes on... hmmm.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Can I put it on my bedroom door when I am sleeping instead of that "Do not Disturb" doorknob hanger?? Or even better...on the front door with a No Solicitors sign.

**EDIT**
Darell snuck in and posted as I was...anyway, yeah that would be fun! Get one of those parking radars they already sell and mod it so that instead of green yellow red light, the red light activates a relay that turns on Mr.Hand

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell:

If you hit the "Items for Sale" button on the "hand" link it will show you all sorts of excess motors, controls, etc. for a defunct electric bike called the "EV Warrior".
http://www.industrialliquidators.com/wesell/evwarrior.html

Maybe this is something you should get for use in your home town, the Bike-crazy Amsterdam of the U.S. for use after your EV meets the grim crusher.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, I checked out all the goodies already. But I have an EV replacement lined up, so I'm not THAT worried. I still like the hand light though!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
http://www.industrialliquidators.com/wesell/handsignal.html

Brock and Mr. Bulk have passed and Craig remains silent..... Should this go in front of or behind his scooter?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you emailed me about this sometime within the last day or two? Sorry I haven't gotten that far yet; I get anywhere from 200 to 800 emails every day, so sometimes I fall a few days to a week or more behind.
tongue.gif

That's the price I pay for being popular I guess.
smile.gif

The price certainly looks nice, but I honestly don't have the $35 to spare this month because the state cut off my SSI check. (They cut funding from $56 billion to just $5 million, so almost everyone who gets SSI in Washington State got cut off).

The "Hand" would look even better if the extended finger could be moved over about an inch.
grin.gif
Then I could tell Washington what I think of their budget cuts.
smile.gif

Appears that it runs directly on 110VAC, so it wouldn't work on my scooter. It would make an interesting decorative lamp to hang up somewhere in the house though.

Does it blink, or just burn steady?

Darell

Flashaholic
Good point. Those things blink after a set time. I wonder if all those timer and blinky circuits are included. Bet they are... but would an electronics moron like me be able to figure it all out. Not likely...

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig:

I presumed you were behind on your email--no zing intended. Does your scooter run on 12V or 24V? If 12V I frequently see a number of 140W 12 V D/C to 120 V A/C converters at Frys for price points < $20.

Sorry, but not surprised, to hear about your funding cut in Washington. My sister in Tacoma works for the state mental hospital system as a society re-entry psychologist and is suffering imposed short work weeks. That suggests chilling thoughts about the mental fitness of people you'll be meeting on the street.

JohnG

Enlightened
If anyone is considering this @ $35, click on the ebay auctions button at the Industrial Liquidators site and you will see 5 or six more up for auction.
These are the same light but $24.99 to start and $29.99 "Buy it now".

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
Craig:

I presumed you were behind on your email--no zing intended. Does your scooter run on 12V or 24V? .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a 24 volt system. I have a seperate 12v battery in there, but it's small (17Ah) and also nearing end-of-life so it wouldn't run a 12V-120V inverter for very long. The 24 volt side is also beginning to peter out so I'm hesitant to add any more load onto it until I get new batteries.

My sister in Tacoma works for the state mental hospital system as a society re-entry psychologist and is suffering imposed short work weeks. That suggests chilling thoughts about the mental fitness of people you'll be meeting on the street.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've already made cut after cut. Your sister's job is simply the latest.
Vision, dental, psychiatric, medicare, medicaide, food stamps, chronic medical care, energy assistance, you name it, they've either cut it back or eliminated it altogether. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they even bury the poor in potter's fields when they die and the family can't afford a funeral. But this is a subject better dealt with in another forum. I'd rather talk about the hand.
smile.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
John G:

You're lowering my resistance with your pricing observations. I can also imagine putting this in a car's rear window to augment the the brake light.