I bought this single mode UltraFire C3 with a Cree Q5 LED several years ago. It's never been my favorite as it always looked dim to me using nimh batteries. I think it was drawing only 400 mA from the nimh. A few days ago I decided to use a 14500 lithium ion battery and the C3 was so bright the head got warm in seconds and got me worried and also it would flicker for a brief second of being turned on. When I opened it up I can smell something was roasting in there. I'm not sure if it's the battery circuitry or the flashlight emitting the ozone scent. I measured the current draw from the battery at 2.6 amps which is just nuts considering the max output of this battery is spec at 3 amps max. It would appear the driver is not regulating the current at the higher voltage output. What a shame as I really wanted the brighter light with longer runtime and now I have to go back to nimh batteries for the C3.