18350, lighted side switch, Anduril UI, magnetic tail cap, 5000 K, Hi CRI, soft spot

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also like a two way clip for potential hat brim use.

4000k is also acceptable.

This is for EDC to compliment the Folomov EDC C1 and Lumintop EDC05C that I carry clipped to the top outside corner of my back pocket. I'd like it to be more floody than spot - a largish, soft hot spot.

The Sofirn SC31 Pro is my only experience with Anduril and I like it.

Yesterday I received a Thrunite T1 and I like the form factor and the beam tint and profile, but not the UI or lack of illuminated side switch. I got to like the lighted switch on the SC31 Pro for night stand use.

The clip in the T1 also doesn't grip very well for bezel down carry, but it is deep carry.

I do want deep carry, otherwise, these small lights flip out of the back pocket when clipped inside the outside corner of the pocket (head is about 1" out of the pocket when bezel up).

I'd prefer not to pay over $50, unless an excellent light.

What are my options?

Thanks

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
I could be wrong but I think the EMISAR D4V2 is exactly what you're looking for, it's at the top of your budget though.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be wrong but I think the EMISAR D4V2 is exactly what you're looking for, it's at the top of your budget though.

Thanks.

That looks like a possible option, but the price does go up after adding the desired options. It doesn't appear to have a lighted switch for easy location in the dark or a two-way clip like the T1. A Wurkkos FC11 with an 18350 tube might work just as well.

I did just try a 18350 tube from a Sofirn headlamp on my SC31 Pro and it fits perfectly and functions as I like, but it's a half inch longer than the T1 and doesn't have a two-way clip for possible hat brim use.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop EDC18, with optional short tube? Gotta love that green bunny! 😀

I'd have to see one set up with 18350 to know it it's an option.

So far, They Thrunite T1 is as close as I've found to a great feel in my hand and beam profile and tint. If only it could go directly to low from moonlight, rather than to the last used level and had a lighted switch.

Heck, just correcting the UI would probably stop me from looking for another option.

Stoneking

Enlightened
It doesn't appear to have a lighted switch for easy location in the dark or a two-way clip like the T1.

No two way clip but definitely a lighted switch that can change multiple colors. As well as secondary LED's used for locating the light when powered off.

Light-saber

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to see one set up with 18350 to know it it's an option.

i missed seeing your OP edit requesting a two-way clip for baseball cap use. If you are still considering the EDC18 w/short tube, it would need a different clip from the original to use on a cap. Also some flashlight dealers may no longer sell the lit "green bunny" light switch version.

I will say that I do appreciate the EDC18's Anduril-1 UI. Customizable to turn on and ramp from very low moonlight. The SST-20 4000K, 95+ HCRI, slightly floody, is also very nice!

Let us know what you decide on and how it works out for you after breaking it in. Good luck on your search! :rock:

LKXaiB1.jpg

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the Wurlkos TS21 with 20350 tube from their website and plan to power it with an 18350 battery.

Hopefully it won't be too fat to carry clipped to the outside corner on my pants back pocket.

It will take 2 - 4 weeks to arrive from China.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TS21 itself is a nice light, but I never received the 20350 short tube that I also ordered and not sure how to contact Wurkkos, so I haven't been able to try the light in the short format that I bought it for.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I re-ordered the TS21 short tube and received it a couple days ago - not a replacement for the Thrunite T1. I prefer the T1 beam profile and max brightness, so I'll continue carrying it, even though it lacks a lighted switch and direct access to the low end of the ramping brightness, unless it was the last brightness used.

The TS21 with the short tube is much larger than the T1. The TS21 has a smaller hot spot and spill than the T1