Sold/Expired 18650 Aleph & E-series compatible bodies (New Development Please Read Post #198)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Re: 18650 Aleph & E-series compatible bodies (How 'bout a short video?)

OK another view...

MM18650rev3A3Salt2.jpg

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will definatively be in for some of these!!

Beutiful rendering.

Benny
Mirage_Man said:
How bout a drawing of what these will look like with knurling and a McGizmo clip? jch79 was kind enough to model it for me with his new software. Thanks John!

Here you go...

MM18650rev1A3SClip3.jpg

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened
Re: 18650 Aleph & E-series compatible bodies (New renderings for your consideration)

very nice work, my cc paypal is hot for one body in HA natural (my kl4 head is waiting for)

thanks for doing that

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mirage_Man said:
Do you guys like this?...
All the renderings seem to have the Aleph classic tailcap. Any chance you could render one with the McTC instead?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Ty_Bower said:
Any chance you could render one with the McTC instead?
Hey Ty,
I sold my only McTC, so I can't draw one if I don't have one in front of me to measure... sorry! :)
john

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Re: 18650 Aleph & E-series compatible bodies (New renderings for your consideration)

It looks like it's gonna be a little longer. I stopped by the CNC shop today to check on the progress and the lathe was down again. :mecry: They are awaiting a technician to come check it out. I am no longer making any predictions on when they will be done. I will post when I have them in my hands.

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast

jch79 said:
I sold my only McTC, so I can't draw one if I don't have one in front of me to measure... sorry! :)
Where do you want me to measure it? Do you want inches, or millimeters? I'll get out the calipers tonight.

These pics are off the Shoppe's web site. I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting them here:

The Aleph classic tailcap is a fine tailcap, but you can't buy it anywhere any more. :( The nice thing about the McTC is that it's a currently shipping product. You can find them here in black or in natural. Oh, and did I mention that some people (me!) prefer the styling of the McTC? And yes, I do own both the Aleph and the McTC.

jch79

Ty,
I'm working with Mirage_Man to do exactly what you just proposed. I'll try and get something drafted tomorrow morning/afternoon. And as for your comment about preferring the McTC... well... I can't help you there! :nana:
john

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a little late here, but definitely interested in one HA natural.

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

Mirage_Man,

if you need a CAD file (dwg, dxf..?) of a McTailcap, you can drop me a line.
Comes with rubber boot and McClicky "placeholder" installed. ;)

McTc.jpg

Bob_G

Enlightened

Will there be any custom knurling options, in terms of where it is, or is it one size fits all? I use my thumb/index finger for primary mechanical grip on this size light, so the bit behind the adapter is all that really needs bumpies for me. The friction on the tube proper as you have it just gets in the way for me on a tail twisty. Since you asked :D

jch79

dcjs said:
Mirage_Man,

if you need a CAD file (dwg, dxf..?) of a McTailcap, you can drop me a line.
Comes with rubber boot and McClicky "placeholder" installed. ;)
Woah... PM SENT! I'm doing MM's renderings, so I hope that offer extends to me! :shrug: :wave:

john

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

jch79 said:
Woah... PM SENT! I'm doing MM's renderings, so I hope that offer extends to me! :shrug: :wave:

john

email sent! ;)

jch79

With a big thanks to both dcjs for providing a CAD file for the McTC, and to Ty for measuring his, here you all go! Mirage_Man, I hope it's ok I posted it, as I wanted to thank David and Ty for helping me out!

mm18650rev3a3mctcah4.gif

john

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened

SWEET! Thanks to Ty, dcjs and jch79 for putting the finishing touch on MM's baby. Look good guys. Kirk

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 18650 Aleph & E-series compatible bodies coming soon. (More Eye Candy)

aml said:
If humps at each end of the body are thicker than 1 inch, it is going to preclude people from using any weapon mounts. at least if ONE side was left hump-less, you could slide it into 1 inch mount rings, and then put the head back on.
I think the McTC looks pretty good, especially on the "one end hump-less" version". Let's hope the machine shop gets their lathe back in order soon.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

mm18650rev3a3mctcah4.gif

OK...THIS LIGHT KICKS BUTT! MAKE IT HAPPEN....NOW!!!!!!!!! :rock:
Hey John, can you add a rendering of TB's 38mm Ti Bezel ring? :rock: :rock:

Great job!

:thumbsup: WP

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
OK...THIS LIGHT KICKS BUTT! MAKE IT HAPPEN....NOW!!!!!!!!! :rock:
Hey John, can you add a rendering of TB's 38mm Ti Bezel ring? :rock: :rock:

Great job!

:thumbsup: WP

I agree with WP on the MAKE IT HAPPEN... NOW and the Ti bezel ring idea! :rock: But we might not need the Ti bezel ring drawing?!?! :shrug:

:devil: MM, I have a very special high voltage cattle prod you can borrow to take over to the CNC shoppe Monday morning! :whistle: You should be home with the battery tubes in time for a before dinner cocktail, NO PROBLEM!:poke: :duck: :naughty:

Ken:grin2:

Last edited:

jch79

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
Hey John, can you add a rendering of TB's 38mm Ti Bezel ring?
You mean one of these things??

mm18650rev3a3mctctbyy1.gif

I only have a one-of-a-kind "sabre-toothed" TB Ti A3 bezel ring to take measurements from, so you'll have to make due!

Mirage_Man... you're going to need Kenster's cattle prod to keep these guys in line! :laughing:

john

Last edited:

labrat

Enlightened

Mirage_Man said:
It looks like it's gonna be a little longer. I stopped by the CNC shop today to check on the progress and the lathe was down again. :mecry: They are awaiting a technician to come check it out. I am no longer making any predictions on when they will be done. I will post when I have them in my hands.

Do you have any predictions on what the price will be?
How many are beeing made now?
And how will you go through with the sale (will you notify those who have already expressed their interest here, and let us get those we have already "spoken for"?)

Thank you.