18650 Battery Storage?

Nephron44

Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I have a few lights that can run dual fuel with cr123s or a 18650. I like have the rechargeable 18650, and I want to keep a few on hand.

How do you store your 18650 batteries? I really like the ASP Link Cases, but they don't sell just the case for 18650 (You have to buy the battery to get one). Watertightness is nice, but is not a must have. Basically, I would like a compact way to store the batteries and protect them from getting damaged from bumping into other gear in a bag and protect the contacts.

I thought about the Cell Vault XL, but it's pricey to store only 2 18650 batteries.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Nuppet

Newly Enlightened
On Amazon I bought the following sturdy and waterproof 18650 storage boxes (two sizes) that I've seen on EBay as from Soshine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WF8SMR/?tag=cpf0b6-20 These boxes does not have anything to stop the cells from rolling, though. For the large box I put a silicon holder around a Sanyo NCR18659GA, and can then fit three of them (four otherwise) snugly. The smaller fits two cells, or one cell in a silicon holder.

thslw8jg

Enlightened
I use the plastic water bottle preforms that Lighthound used to sell, 2 spare cells fit perfect and provides adequate water and drop protection
You can do a google search for 2 liter plastic bottle preform

Last edited:

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
For larger quantities of 18650's, the edcgear (or whatever brand is on it nowadays) 6*18650 cylinder is very good.

Had a look on google - Mecharmy B18 is the style I'm talking about. Cut a disk of that cheap white foam wrap from the packaging of any product you're recived from china and friction fit it in the lid to stop the cells rattling.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coghlan's "Plastic Match Box" is a waterproof, high-visibility orange plastic container. It's not really a box, but a cylinder with a screw-down lid and o-ring. It will take an 18650, but you might want to put a tiny amount of foam in it to prevent rattling. I think I got mine at a Mall-mart for about $4 a few years ago.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tellin ya, bro.

IMG-1018.jpg

IMG-1019.jpg