Automotive 18w License plate frame, V-LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
It comes with 6 of what I think are XR-E's(3 rectangular bars in die). I replaced the two outer ones with XPG's for more flood. I think that I'm going to replace 2 more of the LEDs with XML's in warm white to tone down the bleach blinding cool white.
The LEDs are wired 3 in series (left/right sides) and then paralleled. After replacing one of the XPG's, it dawned on me that I'll have to equal both of the sides to keep the 3s 2parallel runs identical. The XPG's 20mm round star MCPCB's were chopped with a Dremel. They are easy to fit but the XPG MCPCB is twice as high as the thinner rectangular boards. So, I had to trim up the backside of the LED cover a little.

The driver is a textbook wired AX2003.

It a great light for reversing down those long driveways, or when hitching a trailer at night. You can even mount it to the front bumper if you need some auxiliary off-road or work lighting.

24o66wh.jpg

9fwoxl.jpg

ziegs2020

Newly Enlightened
I thought about buying one of these but I was extremely disappointed to see the electronics and leds were not sealed. :shakehead

Good concept, poor execution.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Uncertified and uncertifiable license plate lights (whether we pretend they're back-up lights, auxiliary forward lights, or whatever) are illegal. Per Rule 11 of this board, I'm afraid I must close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.