1xCR123A/RCR Round-up Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, & more!

Forgoten214

Enlightened
I would like to see a 2xCR123A/RCR (Possibly some 18650 choices) round up review. That would be awesome ;-) :). Great reviews none the less.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Just added the Romisen RC-N3 II to this review

RCN3-2.jpg

This is an inexpensive 2-stage budget light, but it performs fairly well on primary CR123A. On RCR, you loose the regulated Lo (direct drive), but still retain the regulated Hi.

Pretty good for the ~$25 price, and you get the 2xAA tube thrown in. :)

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
Alright who has the ITP C9 w/forward clickie and how do you like it. I'm thinking it will be a good light to go with my 120P Novatac, as the they both use the same batteries (1-X CR123A/RCR) and have similar performance. on the 120p it seems instead of the click, click, click, ect of the switch to set the desired light features and brightness levels it is much simpler to twist to set the brightness levels you want. I usually fine a level set I like and program it in and leave it there for a while.
I know the Novatac is fairly bullet proof so how does the ITP C9 measure up in real edc use. Right now my 120P has not left my side since I got it last November, and for the most part it has been a great light and with the RCR's I use in it I have all the free lumens I need. :twothumbs
Also there is no pocket clip on the C9 is there a decent belt sheath make for either of these two lights? The C9 or the 120P.
Thanks for any opinions you can give.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Alright who has the ITP C9 w/forward clickie and how do you like it. ... Also there is no pocket clip on the C9 is there a decent belt sheath make for either of these two lights?
Don't have the ITP C9 with forward clicky, but I have just added to this round-up review the Olight Infinitum I10.

It is basically a Olight T10 with the ITP C9 interface - both tweaked with some upgrades (like the forward clicky). And it comes with a good quality basic belt holster. :)

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mentioned in your review that the T10 can tail stand but my tail cap protrudes at the end. I have looked at T10's on other sites as well and they all seem to protrude. I own a C9 and love it, same size as the T10 but heavier because of its thickness in material.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You mentioned in your review that the T10 can tail stand but my tail cap protrudes at the end. I have looked at T10's on other sites as well and they all seem to protrude. I own a C9 and love it, same size as the T10 but heavier because of its thickness in material.
Really? That's odd ... all of my T-series Olights (inlcuding both the 2008 models and ealier 2007 ones) have fully flush tailcaps that allow tailstanding with no wobble. The new I-series have protruding tailcaps, of course, due to their forward clickies.

And good point about ITP - their lights are made of thicker aluminum, so are heavier than the T/I-series Olights.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because when i was checking out your pic i can see two holes in the tailcap for the lanyard when mine has only one. And another thing that i would like to mention is that mine is a forward clickie.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Because when i was checking out your pic i can see two holes in the tailcap for the lanyard when mine has only one. And another thing that i would like to mention is that mine is a forward clickie.
Well that's interesting ... I didn't know they were currently selling T-series lights with forward clickies. I wonder if reverse clickies are still available?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i like it.....because when the light is on and you half press it you dont go into sos or strobe......the only way to get there is if you half press when the light is off and then fully click into that mode. I seem to like it better then the ITP reverse switch. Just wanted to say thank you for wonderful and great reviews....i was bent on getting this light since it was tested by you......

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are the Ra lights here Selfbuilt? I am quite curious to see your input on these lights...

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Where are the Ra lights here Selfbuilt? I am quite curious to see your input on these lights...
I pretty much only do invited reviews now, where the manufacturer or one of their dealer's provides the light for review. So just ask Ra to get in touch with me. ;)

pipspeak

Enlightened
any plans to include the new D-Mini VX? It might be ready to regain the throw crown

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
any plans to include the new D-Mini VX? It might be ready to regain the throw crown
I don't usually like to comment, but yes, the D-mini VX is on my review list. There's a few lights to get done before then though ... :whistle:

stoli67

Enlightened
As always your reviews are the bomb!

Any chance of adding some of the more "exotic" CR123s to the list...

RA Clicky
Haiku XP-G

Just to see how they compare with the rest.

Andrew

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Any chance of adding some of the more "exotic" CR123s to the list...
Thanks for support. But I usually leave it up to manufacturers to request (and supply) a light for review. Given how busy I've been with requests, I don't really have time to review additional lights for personal interest anymore.

Sorry about how out of date this round-up is ... but you can find stand-alone reviews of newer mainstream lights in my master review list in my sig. :wave:

Latest posts