2 AA 5 Watt CREE LED FLASHLIGHT 2 Switch Mode 300 Lumens sold by Sunvalleytek

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had this one or know anything about it?
2 AA 5 Watt CREE LED FLASHLIGHT 2 Switch Mode 300 Lumens sold by Sunvalleytek. I'm looking for the brightest AA, 5" or less. I dont want to spend more than $60 Thank you..
3190kVa0iUL.jpg

Napalm

Enlightened
The brightest 2xAA that I know of is the Eagletac P20A2 MkII with S2 LED which runs around $64.99 shipping inlcuded. Since it's slightly over your budget you may want to take a look at its little brother the P100A2 running at $39.99.

They are both high quality lights with good customer service, warranty et al.

Nap.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
It looks like a cheap generic HK dealer light. Probably an XR-E (or worse, maybe even an XR-C) so maybe real lumens is about 120-150 at best. Take a look at the Jetbeam BA20. Its rated at 260 real ANSI lumens and runs under $40.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
So it's just a cheapy and false lumens. Thanks alot guys for your help. I'm not in a hurry so if any other ones, let me know.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you don't mind using a 14500 the Xeno E03 does over 400 lumens off 1 lithium ion, has 3 modes and is about ~$40

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
Napalm, where can I get that Eagletac P20A2 MkII with S2 LED for $64.99 shipped Thanks alot
Lightjunction is one place witht he cpf discount, but I'm sure there are others. However, the Eagletac only does 240 lumens. If lumens is all you are after, the Jetbeam BA20 is technically brighter. The brightest 2xAA in terms of lumens is the Thrunite Neutron 2A, but there are some quality control issues with the Neutrons and it is extremely floody so it may not seem as bright as it is since the hot spot is so diffuse.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

I'm looking for the brightest AA, 5" or less.
Most 2AA flashlights with click switch are 6" or longer. To go 5" or less you need a 2AA twistie such as a Quark MiNi AA² $43.***
Review:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(XP-G-R5)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

The other option is to get a bright 1AA such as the Xeno E03 $30-$36 + shipping (depends on tint).
Review:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-G-R5-Neutral-White-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS

The Zebralights are just outside your price range at $64.
Review of some older models. Note the front side switch:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...CR-XP-E)-Reviews-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

The Eagletac P20A2 Length 161.7mm price $64.90 is longer than 5" and just over your budget***.
Review:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(XP-G-R5)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

*** There are discounts for CPF members here:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?181841-quot-CPF-Specials-quot-webpages-dealers
You will have to register at cpfmarketplace (AGAIN!) and logged in to see them.
4sevens.com require you to put your CPF username in the comments block before they will give you the discount.

Last edited:

Napalm

Enlightened
Napalm, where can I get that Eagletac P20A2 MkII with S2 LED for $64.99 shipped Thanks alot

From Illumination Gear:

http://www.illuminationgear.com/

Please note that there is an "XM-L HO" version too which shows slightly more lumens. However be advised that it is more "floody" i.e. the beam is larger and it decays faster with distance. It's great for close distance as it gives a larger, better blended hotspot.

If you want it to work well at greater distances, the XP-G S2 has a narrower, more focused beam that is better suited for such use.

Nap.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with the EagleTac P20A2 MKII XP-G S2 from Illumination Gear. It says it has 340 lumens.

lebox97

Enlightened
SirJohn
The ET P20A2 is 360 lumen (244 ANSI) with XM-L, or 340 lumens with XP-G S2... brightest 2xAA available AFAIK... (this is emitter lumens)
The JetBeam BA20 is 270 Lumens (also emitter lumens) :shrug:

you may be mixing up your emitter, OTF and ANSI?

I see that Jet-beam.com specs are a little confusing and imply ANSI, but I don't believe 270 ANSI with XP-G R5 on 2xAA is possible.
None of the other retailers including review sites say 270 ANSI. :confused:

Tod

It looks like a cheap generic HK dealer light. Probably an XR-E (or worse, maybe even an XR-C) so maybe real lumens is about 120-150 at best. Take a look at the Jetbeam BA20. Its rated at 260 real ANSI lumens and runs under $40.

Napalm

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with the EagleTac P20A2 MKII XP-G S2 from Illumination Gear. It says it has 340 lumens.

:thumbsup: I predict you will be very pleased with it. It's not only bright but also well designed and manufactured, with smooth operation and comes with a nice assortment of useful accessories (holster, lanyard, diffuser, filters, tailstand boot, spare parts) that are extra or even not available at all with other brands. You'll also notice that it is customizable - several led modules and a different style of tail switch are available separately and are user replaceable.

Nap.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
SirJohn
The ET P20A2 is 360 lumen (244 ANSI) with XM-L, or 340 lumens with XP-G S2... brightest 2xAA available AFAIK... (this is emitter lumens)
The JetBeam BA20 is 270 Lumens (also emitter lumens) :shrug:

you may be mixing up your emitter, OTF and ANSI?

I see that Jet-beam.com specs are a little confusing and imply ANSI, but I don't believe 270 ANSI with XP-G R5 on 2xAA is possible.
None of the other retailers including review sites say 270 ANSI. :confused:

Tod

I noticed this too.
I went an emailed light reviews after I saw this:
-EagleTac P20A2 Mark II R5 238 Lumens
-JETBeam BA20 219 Lumens

And the BA20 ANSI not sure about the Eagletac.
I asked the light reviews why the lumen rating on the review pages were different from there box. According to light reviews the Eagletac has higher output then the BA20 yet the BA20 is ANSI rated higher. I wish I still had the email but he said they test the lights for the lumen ratings as well and some lights lose lumens after it leaves the reflector/shield. He also said the lights were tested at the max performance. I can't remember exactly what else though.

Testing Methods:
http://www.light-reviews.com/info.html

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all your help and input. I ended up getting the ET P20A2 XM-L 360 Lumen. I ordered it from Illumination Gear. I sure didn't think I would hear from a company on Saturday and all my emails with questions were answered right away thanks to Tod. I wish all company's had customer service like that. I know where I will look first. Thanks again everyone,
Rikr

Last edited: