2 aaa pen light recommendation

imaposer

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the Milwaukee 2 aaa pen light as my daily use/ shirt pocket light for years due to the fact my employer had them sitting on a shelf for us to take. They'd get me maybe a year before they would either quit working, or the rubber on the end would rip off. Well I no longer have that option, and my last one needs replaced, so it looks like I've got to spend my own money now.
Here's what I'm looking for.
Bright.
Simple on/off, no click three times to go through modes every time I use it. it can have modes, but don't want to be forced in to any one for on/off.
AAA compatible at least( still get those for free)
Waterproof
Prefer a metal on/off button as the rubber ripping off is my most common failure. If not metal, perhaps a design that has metal tabs protruding up above the rubber?
Not overly concerned about cost. Buying in USA, any thing I can order online and get delivered works for me.
Bright.

Where should I start?

fulee9999

Enlightened
just a few ideas
- Princeton Tec Alloy-X
- SureFire Titan
- Streamlight PROTAC® 2AAA

LEDphile

Enlightened
The Minimag AAA LED is decent, as long as you don't mind the head-twist switch. Not sure if it's waterproof, though.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been a fan of the Sunlite LED lights. Great for shirt pockets and generally better quality than the other options. Check out powerledlighting.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
For over four years at work I carried a 2AAA penlight which was used every day, cost under $10 and worked fine. I've used other similarly cheap ones around the house, some under $5, seem to work fine. They are all just on/off, moderate brightness (sub-1W) no fancy features or high prices.

Have your checked Home Depot (for other than Mikwaukee) for other brands such as Defiant which are not pricey? Cost of trying some of them is not high.

I have a focussing 200 lumen 2AAA light which is very bright although heavy/bulky, and drains cells at about 1.5A so runtime is not long. It was a great deal for $4. After being dropped a fair bit it got intermittent but turned out to be loose battery contact inside, solved by pulling the spring out a bit.

How bright do you need it?

Dave

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
I'm a fan of the 5.11 TMT - bright enough and tough as a tank!
AXO7ENl.jpg

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the downside of some cheap(er) penlights I was suggesting: probably not waterproof (OP was asking) maybe not even too water-resistant; also some are not very bright (as low as 25-30 lumens). I am thinking 100 lumens is reasonable but of course with 2xAAA it's a run-time trade-off.

Dave