2-D Mag Highest Lumen LED Dropin Upgrade With/Without Reflector Sought

BVH

Flashaholic
I havent played with my color 2-D Maglights in years but they sit on a shelf where I see them every day. I saw a 505 Lumen dropin by Lumincraft (I think) and a number of 800-1000-1200 Lumen upgrades for 3-D Mags. What is the highest Lumen upgrade available today for a 2-D? With or without a reflector as a component? Not too concerned whether is a "throw" or flood based upgrade. I'd like to have something about on-par (1,200 lumens) with the W/A 1185 hotwire bulb upgrades I did decades ago. I am OK with either 2 Alky cell operation or I can make any 18650/20700/21700 adapters I need to for higher Voltage operation if it gets me more Lumens. I actually don't remember if 2 of those Lithium Ion cells with fit length-wise.

I welcome all suggestions. This little diversion from my Heavy Iron will be fun.

Mods: I first posted this in Incan section but think it's more appropriate here and will get more views. Please delete the original.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5000 lumen Lumencraft drop-in is the brightest that I know of - Matt runs these on two 26650's, but you need to remove some ano from inside the tail cap and use a shorter spring. The 2000 lumen Lumencraft drop in runs on one 26650 and there is no need to mod the tailcap/spring.

Reactions: hsa

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't own 26650, go with 1x 21700 in adapter to 2D with the 2000lm 3x XPL-Hi
@xxo might be able to print one for you?

Although personally, for ten bucks more, I'd go with the 3,500lm drop-in in 3D 2x 21700.

Malkoff makes a nicely designed Mag adapter sleeve that is easy on protected cells soft anodes.

Btw, the beams are big mutha floody suckers!

BVH

Flashaholic
When I get home, I'll probably order the 2D, 3,500, 3-LED kit with sleeve and batts. I could turn my own sleeve but what the heck, this is all done and ready to go.

dakeller1218

Newly Enlightened
I havent played with my color 2-D Maglights in years but they sit on a shelf where I see them every day. I saw a 505 Lumen dropin by Lumincraft (I think) and a number of 800-1000-1200 Lumen upgrades for 3-D Mags. What is the highest Lumen upgrade available today for a 2-D? With or without a reflector as a component? Not too concerned whether is a "throw" or flood based upgrade. I'd like to have something about on-par (1,200 lumens) with the W/A 1185 hotwire bulb upgrades I did decades ago. I am OK with either 2 Alky cell operation or I can make any 18650/20700/21700 adapters I need to for higher Voltage operation if it gets me more Lumens. I actually don't remember if 2 of those Lithium Ion cells with fit length-wise.

I welcome all suggestions. This little diversion from my Heavy Iron will be fun.

Mods: I first posted this in Incan section but think it's more appropriate here and will get more views. Please delete the original.
I have a retro kit consisting of the Mag LED switch and reflector. Go to ebay and type in Kel-Lite flashlights, I have it listed at $15 plus shipping. I guarantee you will love it.