• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2005 CPF SPECIAL - CLOSED

DallasA

Enlightened
2005 CPF SPECIAL FROM PEAK LED SOLUTIONS

We are pleased to announce the release of our first CPF Special. We wanted this special to really be a special, and not just a standard flashlight with a different colored head and body. This CPF Special for 2005 is an entirely new LED flashlight from Peak LED Solutions.

What it is:

A 3 watt Luxeon LED flashlight based on the Atlantic mechanical parts for small size, and with two different operating modes. The package price is $89.95, international orders add an additional 15.00.

What you get:

1.) The 3 watt Luxeon LED with the 20 mm reflector head and the Key Chain body in Dark Red hard anodized aluminum.

2.) Two R123 rechargeable Lithium-Ion 3.7 volt, 750 mAh capacity batteries.

3.) A dual operating battery charger that can be used from a standard 120 volt house duplex outlet, or the 12 volt cigarette lighter outlet in your car or truck. Great for campers.

Performance:

1.) Mode A; using one of the supplied 3.7 volt R123 Lithium-Ion batteries.

This mode of operation easily lights up the side of a house at night, at greater than a 300 foot distance. Initial Candlepower output is 1700 to 2000 foot candles. This drops to about 1100 foot candles at about 45 minutes. The battery is then exhausted and needs to be recharged. Because of the small size and high output we recommend intermittent use. Constant max output can cause case temperatures to rise to 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Power plus small size equals heat. This is still a pocket sized flashlight.

As a reference, the popular Caribbean LED light output is 750 to 900 foot candles, and can reach temperatures of 112 degrees.

Using the two R123 Lithium-Ion batteries for 1000 typical hours of run time, and dividing the package cost by 1000 hours, gives a per hour run cost of approximately $0.085. The second thousand hours would be approximately $0.016 cost per hour at $8.00 per battery for two batteries.

2.) Mode B; using a standard 3 volt CR123A lithium battery.

Output starts at about 450 foot candles and drops to about 220 to 250 foot candles after approximately 15 minutes. Then it maintains a flat output of 220 to 250 foot candles for the next 12 (twelve) hours continuously. There is no heat issue at this output level.

As a reference, one of the original 1 watt Luxeon LED flashlights output was approximately 260 foot candles for almost 2 hours.

This operating mode is great for lighting up the inside of a room or a tent or a camper. It is also a very good dog walking light. Run cost with a $1.25 CR123A battery from the internet, is approximately $0.10 per hour.

Ordering:

This will be a limited time offer only to members of the CPF. In 2006 this item, then to be called the "Rainier", will be released to our dealers and our web site at a higher price. We have manufactured 50 sets of this 2005 CPF Special for immediate sale. We will however, take orders up till midnight, 31 December 2005. And as battery chargers and batteries become available, first ordered, first delivered.

When ordering the CPF Special, please make it the only flashlight type ordered. However you may include extra R123 batteries or the optional momentary switch with the order. The reason not to include other flashlights is that after the first 50 CPF Specials are delivered, other flashlights on the same order form may be delayed in delivery. Credit cards, as per standard Peak LED Solutions practice, will not be charged until the product is mailed.

In addition:

Peak LED Solutions is donation $5.00 from each 2005 CPF Special Sale to CPF. Peak LED Solutions would like to thank the CPF Community & Staff for all of their support over the past Year and half. Thank you, for all the help you have given us.

This link is the only way to access the 2005 CPF Special

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/CPFSP2005.html

Happy Holidays!

The Staff
Peak LED Solutions Inc.

Last edited:

Tritium

Enlightened
Re: 2005 CPF SPECIAL

Order placed. My birthday is next Wednesday. Looks like I will have a present after all.

Thurmond

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like a great light. Very cool that it can run on primary for runtime, and yet still take a li-ion for a pocket rocket blast of light. Great deal to include the li-ion and charger too!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Christo_pull_hair.gif
MJ, you must be the
evilgrin07.gif
incarnate. Just when I swore I didn't need any more small 3w lights, you come out with this
whoopin.gif

Order placed for 1 CPF special
smoker.gif

2dim

Enlightened

Please excuse my ignorance, but how does optional momentary switch work with this light? Also, are lumen/lux figures available? Any beamshots? Dimensions? Thank you...

DallasA

Enlightened

2dim said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but how does optional momentary switch work with this light? Also, are lumen/lux figures available? Any beamshots? Dimensions? Thank you...

If you can wait until tonight, I have one on the charger now and out the back door of my house I have tall pines that go for a distance. I will take a couple photos one with the Li-ion and one with a CR123. And then post them tonight.

The Dimensions are the same as the Atlantic here is a link

http://www.peakledsolutions.com/CR123HA1W.html

1700 footcandle = 18,298.64768 lux
2000 footcandle = 21,527.8208 lux
450 footcandle = 4,843.75968 lux

Have not tested Lumens do not have the equipment here.

MJ

RadarGreg

Enlightened

Any chance of this wonderful light being branded with the CPF logo, or our member names? It sounds like a great light at a good price.
RadarGreg

marcspar

Enlightened

Just got one. Thanks, MJ, for the good price!

It does appear to have "2005 CPF" engraved on the body.

Any chance for a second one with a uv led?

Thanks again,

Marc

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

:thumbsup: NICE torch and THANKS for the "CPF SPECIAL" deal!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DarthLumen

Newly Enlightened

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

Must figure a way to fund this project....hmmmm.....kid's college fund, grocery money, snatching pocket books......I MUST HAVE THIS LIGHT!!!

DallasA

Enlightened

RadarGreg said:
Any chance of this wonderful light being branded with the CPF logo, or our member names? It sounds like a great light at a good price.
RadarGreg

I would need to get the OK from sasha for the logo, we can do your CPF name but this will take a few days and there will be a 5.00. Regardless if it is with logo or just name.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened

marcspar said:
Any chance for a second one with a uv led?

Thanks again,

Marc

Not on this batch, these are already built and will ship next day. Maybe on the next batch, however I would need to order the LED, will check in the AM and let you know.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened

I am going to my father-in-laws birthday dinner. When I get back I will take the pictures and post them tonight. The Li-ion is fully charged and I think I will take it with me to the restaurant to give my father-in-law a big birthday wish. ( Smirk )

MJ

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Speaking of UV led. A little OT, but have you thought of making a pocket light with the Cree UV 1w xlamp? That in a small 1aa powered or something light would likely be a hot ticket!

DallasA

Enlightened

I am back...got a lot of questions at dinner....LOL Anyway as promised I updated the page with pictures

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/CPFSP2005.html

However, I was having a hell of time trying to capture the picture of all the pines lit up over 200ft. away. Can someone tell me how to set my camera manually and I will be more then happy to go back out side and take it.

Thanks

MJ

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since this is a CPF Special edition, does that mean that a portion of the proceeds go to support CPF?

-LT

rycen

Enlightened

DallasA said:
In addition:

Peak LED Solutions is donation $5.00 from each 2005 CPF Special Sale to CPF. Peak LED Solutions would like to thank the CPF Community & Staff for all of their support over the past Year and half. Thank you, for all the help you have given us.