2006 Strategic Planning

78CJ5

Hello All,

I am in the process of completing my 2006 strategic planning at work. As I was working on it this weekend, I decided to complete my 2006 strategic plan for my flashlight collection as well.

I purchased a Surefire L2 last week, my first non-Mag flashlight. So with that purchase, here is where I want my collection to be at the end of 2006.

Surefire L2 (own it)
Fenix L1-P (1st quarter 06)
EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT (sometime in 06)
Mag 2D (somewhere in garage)
Mad 2AA (in glove compartment of car, should modify)
Petzel Tikka (in fly fishing vest)

I'm shooting for balance...

paulr

I'm financially at the point where I can buy a low cost (hah, to any "normal" (i.e. non-flashaholic) person, $20 for a flashlight is high end) light more or less on impulse if it looks interesting. So I have a dozen or so lights in that class. $50 lights, I have to restrain myself a little, but I have a TL3 and just ordered a Fenix. More expensive lights are more "strategic" and should depend more on my flushness at any moment (my income has ups and downs) but in practice I find that the most interesting lights come along when I can least afford them, and I buy them anyway. That would include the original McLux (still my favorite light) and the Spy 005 (not yet paid for).

Plan for 2006: expensive lights wanted: Spy 005, McLux III PD probably in chrome with tritium, CR2 Ion (that one doesn't seem so expensive in the face of things now). Expensive lights already paid for: USL (a novelty light that I'll probably sell after playing with it for a while to finance the Spy). The only new 2006 high end light I anticipate being interested in would be some kind of regulated hotwire mod (in which case I might sell my mag85), though there are always surprises.