2007 Surefire Catalog & Lineup

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I predict that I may become a very poor man around June.
I'll have to start planning and budgeting for a couple new Surefires. Good to hear they're producing quality optics. Thanks of the info Size15s.

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
anyone can explain why L1 can only clock 16hours on 10lumens while E1L can clock 17hours on 30lumens on the same battery?

I sincerely hope its just a typo as im planning to get the new L1 with cree.

E1L-L1.jpg

ja10

Enlightened
I have a current L1, when I bought it the website said the low level will last for 40 hours. The website now says 90 hours.

Surefire seems to under promise and over deliver - maybe they are doing that here?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that is another case of the specs not being final before the catalog went to press. The current L1 gets ~80-90 hours on low direct drive with a resistor. If the new L1 low is the same way, then it should get around 30 hours by my estimate before dimming appreciably.
I get this by taking the current 80 hours, divide by five for the lumens going up by a factor of five from ~2 to 10L, then muliply by two for having roughly twice the lumens per watt of the Cree over Luxeon. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) resistor losses are higher with higher current, so it will probably be slightly less efficient.
But if you use the L1 as a basis, then just multiply the 17 hours by three, so we get 51 hours, but since all that data is not so reliable yet, I feel better estimating off the current L1
Ny0ng1 said:
anyone can explain why L1 can only clock 16hours on 10lumens while E1L can clock 17hours on 30lumens on the same battery?

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blindasabat said:
I think that is another case of the specs not being final before the catalog went to press.

That is what's been reported here - same on the physical specs for the L1 gen 3. It will apparently be shorter than shown in the 2007 catalog specs.

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Ny0ng1 said:

I have a feeling that low mode in L1 is regulated so we're talking about sustained 10 lumens for 17 hours, whereas the E1L would drop out of regulation in a few hours and provide diminishing light afterwars... Just a guess.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's all guesswork until SureFire release the new models and the finalised specs, and various people have done some runtime tests for themselves.

trouble

Newly Enlightened
Anyone receive their new SF catalogs?

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if any of you had received yours from their website yet?

xiaowenzu

Banned
Size15's said:
It's all guesswork until SureFire release the new models and the finalised specs, and various people have done some runtime tests for themselves.

I anticipate Surefire will exceed my expectations as always. :)

Greenlead

Newly Enlightened
I requested the new catalog a couple of months ago, over the phone. Today, I received the 2006 one, which I already have. :(

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone receive their new SF catalogs?

trouble said:
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if any of you had received yours from their website yet?

I ordered the 2007 catalog from their website approx two weeks ago and received it yesterday afternoon(4/6). Now I'll have to wait for the new models to be available for sale.
smile.gif

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Re: Anyone receive their new SF catalogs?

guam9092 said:
I ordered the 2007 catalog from their website approx two weeks ago and received it yesterday afternoon(4/6). Now I'll have to wait for the new models to be available for sale.
smile.gif

Mine took like 4 weeks and they sent me the 2006 catalog.:(

digitaleos

Enlightened
Just got my 2007 Illumination Tools catalog today after about 3 weeks, now I'm waiting on the other one.