2400mAh LG 18650 cell discharge graph

J

junglemike

Newly Enlightened
Hi every1. Just received a package from Batteryspace.com .
I ordered there couple of LG 2.4Ah 18650 cells. I had some bad experience befor buying highly overrated cells from Ebay, so i decided to order only 2 cells, meanwhile, and test them, befor i buy larger amount. Here is discharge graph.
What do you say? I think it's pretty acceptable, Later will post another graph of 0.2C at 0.48A.
SilverFox already tested this cell, and my result is very close to his.
Want to add that i use my own made charger, and my own made discharge device (both very simple circuits based on LM317 chip). I don't trust anything i don't know exactly how it works.

LGdischargeat960mA.jpg

T

Tweek

Enlightened
I thrashed on one of these cells a while back to determine what they were capable of, here's a repost of my findings:

18650_2400mAh.jpg

As you can see from the graph, 3C is too much, 2.5C is pushing it, but they're fine at 2C. At nice low currents, the cell is quite capable of delivering it's full rated capacity. The only thing you don't see there is the temperature, which was almost 55 degrees C on the 3C run and about 45 degrees C on the 2.5C run. Both of which is too hot for comfortable use and cell longevity.

Chris

4sevens

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just put together a energy density chart and the LG 18650 tops
the list in Wh/cc compared to other rechargables /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

V

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it would not be a bother, could anyone do an OVERLAY of 3 mi-mhys 23-2500ma and the li-ion.

ya know how 3 of the AA ni-mhys are relative in output and capacity to ONE of these things. and it would make a good comparison.

the reason i ask, is because of the Vdrop curve SEEMS to be less on the ni-mhy BUT untill i factor in the THREE needed to make the same voltage, the vdrop might not be so small??
(good to know when direct driving, or even calculating VINs)