2450mAH Duracell AA batteries - are they the same thing as Eneloop XX?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, we all know that the white-topped Japanese made 2000mAH AA Duracells (popularly known as Duraloops) are rebadged Eneloops. But how about the 2450mAH black topped Duracells? They're also made in Japan and appear to be made by Sanyo. Are they the same thing as the Eneloop XX?

Swede74

Enlightened
But how about the 2450mAH black topped Duracells? They're also made in Japan and appear to be made by Sanyo. Are they the same thing as the Eneloop XX?

I doubt it. "My" store sells both black and white topped AA and AAA Duracells. The white topped ones, labeled "Staycharged" or "Precharged" are most likely Eneloops, but I think the black topped ones (2450 mAh AA) are Gen 1; they are about 15% cheaper than Gen 2 despite their higher capacity.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wondered about these cells, and decided to try some. One thing I noticed is that they carry the 'Duralock' label. This would tend to suggest LSD. However, they don't carry the 'Stay Charged' label like Duraloops. So who knows? In any case, if they're half as good as the 1000mAH AAA batteries, I'm happy with them.

Latest posts