26650 battery storage case ?

hnupek

Newly Enlightened
I'm just wondering what kind of case do you use to store 26650 batteries?

I'm looking for storage case, for either single or 2 batteries - and can't find anywhere? Since I need waterproof case it gets a little tricky - I found 2-box on alibaba but it's not water-safe, intl-store is selling just holders; I found a few tips to use pill box - can't find any that suits 26650 and is orderable overseas (to/in Europe) .. I'm lost - there has to be something? :mecry:

What do you use to store 26650 (watertight storage) ?

Last edited:

hnupek

Newly Enlightened
hm... pelicans are great but I'm looking for something more portable to minimize the size - hiking lightweight, so something that I could slip into my pocket - ideally 26650 shape :tinfoil: .. But Pelican would be definitelly my last resort, thanks!

Erzengel

Enlightened
I use an expendable box which was originally designed to ship lathe tools or something similar. They come in different sizes, mine has a width of 26 mm. Ask a local machine shop, if they have leftover boxes like the one pictured.

26650box.jpg

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
I'll second the pill canister... Not really a box however.
And the last post is a pic of a whole saw carbide bit that's used for masonry, not very water tight tho.

This is my method, works great and it's almost perfect size (and these cells are protected, still fit well).
uqy3aju7.jpg

ubana2uh.jpg

Last edited:

hnupek

Newly Enlightened
Erzengel - not bad, close to what I'm looking for..

Thr3Evo - EXACTLY what I'm looking for and can't find anywhere to order :(

hnupek

Newly Enlightened
unfortunately not in my country, those pill containers are US-specific - we get pills in original package (blister pack)

Yamabushi

Enlightened
On ebay, search for "empty pill bottles" and "geocache container". Most listings give outside dimensions so you may have to contact the sellers to confirm the inside dimensions are OK.

EDIT: Most pill bottles have a slight taper so make sure to verify the diameter at the bottom.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather than start a new thread I though I'd add to this thread. Found something on Banggood that works like a charm. I ordered one to check it out and just ordered two more. The threading is a little loose but it has o-rings and comes with spare 0-rings. The 26650 fits perfectly in diameter & length. I think the edges are contacting the end of the threaded portion.

http://www.banggood.com/Waterproof-...-Holder-Survival-Emergency-Tool-p-980880.html

hfw5TBD80rVIwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==