• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT & PD with Seoul** All Gone**

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: 27LT & PD with Seoul

LifeNRA said:
I'm still really enjoying my PD-S.

What a great light! :rock:
Tell me about it! My poor old UX1K PD has taken bed-side duties since the PD-S arrived! :(

loveit

Enlightened

tibim said:
Do we know how many of these lights were produced?
How many PD-S
and how many PD-S mizers
Always interesting to tell people

Are we counting then? I have a PD-S mizer and am liking it more and more each day! Don, thanks for the great light!

Toons

Newly Enlightened

.......and yet another PD-S Mizer :grin2:
and one very happy PD newby!!
Toons :)

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting how tastes change from "max output" to "max runtime". I too, a follower of "max intensity" have jumped the bandwagon and got myself a mizer mode PD-S also. More of a tool for EDC than a torch to impress friends.

So far from my eyes the Seoul and Cree have a way to go with coloration. My Luxeon (especially Lux V) bring out the 3D detail i'm used to seeing. It's amazing how far the technology has gone. The bar to my nitpicking expection level gets being raised all the time.

---intensity---runtime---daylight color---

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

:awman:

My Mizer took a hard hit from my hand down to the concrete driveway, about a 4 foot fall tonight. :laughing:

Few nicks in the head and Ti bezel, but kept on kickin out lumens. :rock: I picked it up and kept on going.

Now my Mizer's got character! :huh:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don:

I have one of the first batch of PDs and I still EDC it on a regular basis and will never sell it. I sold my HDS, my Surefire M6 to fund other stuff before but always kept the PD and it is battle-scarred to say the least.

that being said, would you be willing to modify it for the Seoul emitter in the future for a fee? I am willing to pay to keep this PD sans the LED

If not, who can contact for such a job?

nick

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't speak for Don, but read that he will not do the S4 "Mod" now due to time constraint.

I would PM or e-mail MilkySpit and Icarus...........perhaps others will chime in as well?

jeffb

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nick,

Here is a quote from Don form post #165 of this thread:

"There may be a time period after I have finished off the sets I have on hand and before I have new components to work with. In that time period, I may set a mod or upgrade price schedule that wouldn't be cheap but would represent a possible alternative. I won't know until or unless that point in time is reached"

Hopefully sooner rather than later as I too have a PD I would like upgraded :)

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks OddJob. But hey, if it doesn't materialize I can always buy a second PD :doh:

Oddjob said:
Nick,

Here is a quote from Don form post #165 of this thread:

"There may be a time period after I have finished off the sets I have on hand and before I have new components to work with. In that time period, I may set a mod or upgrade price schedule that wouldn't be cheap but would represent a possible alternative. I won't know until or unless that point in time is reached"

Hopefully sooner rather than later as I too have a PD I would like upgraded :)

pcmike

Enlightened

Thanks Don! Both lights are fantastic!

collection.jpg

27LT-S (regular) & PD-S (mizer)

Alrighty, I got my final set of beamshots taken, resized, animated, and ready for posting. The following beamshots were taken with a 30D at: F2.8, 1/10, ISO 100, 28mm, with the lights 12ft from the wall.

PD-S (mizer, 300ma):
pds_ani.gif

27LT-S (regular, 917ma):
27lts_ani.gif

Both together (27LT-S on the left, PD-S on the right):
27lts_pds_ani.gif

27LT-S on low (left), PD-S on high (right):
27lts_low_pds_high.jpg

:thanks:

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will be tough to buy a new one since Don has told us that they are pretty much all gone.
I have seen a few pop up in the BST reciently.
Yaesumofo

270winchester said:
Thanks OddJob. But hey, if it doesn't materialize I can always buy a second PD :doh:

Latest posts