2C Mags: not popular?

DIY Lumens

Newly Enlightened
Please don't throw away any more non-functioning Maglites. Instead post about the problems here and the CPF members can either diagnose the lights or buy them from you. I'm confident that broken Maglites are never truly "broken."

It's probably just me but I never throw away anything in frustration if it doesn't work properly. I was taught to fix things that don't work.
You're absolutely right. But this was before I started modding them, and my attitude was that for what this tool cost, it should be reliable and if not, I wanted to find one that was rather than spending any more time or effort on it.
Translated, that means: it p!$$d me off so I threw it into the woods as far as I could.:whistle:

I get my black 3 and 4 C Mags at Action-Lights.com.

I get my 2 C Mags in Black, Pewter, and Purple at Home Depot locally. I have not seen the purple in over a year but I keep looking.

Rv7a

Newly Enlightened
I found only one a Home Depot, I think someone was trying to hide it, it was stuck in the back of a 3D display

JW

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread inspired me to go out and get a Black 2C Maglite. I made a PVC battery spacer, modified the tailspring a bit, and threw in 3x CR123's. Added a FM bi-pin adapter and a Magcharger bulb. Completed it with a KD MOP cammed aluminum reflector and a UCL lens. Fun, easy build and nice and bright.

I was thinking of trying out a Magnum or Xenon bulb. Anybody care to recommend a good potted bulb for this cell configuration? I have read were people say the 5 cell bulb or the 6 cell bulb....
:popcorn:

2x18650 driving the 5 cell xenon is one of my favorite quick 2C upgrades, alot of throw and usable spill.