2D Mag goes 4*Seoul (w/ pics, now w/ beamshots)!

flex76italy

Enlightened
Re: 2D Mag goes 4*Seoul (w/ pics)!

Icarus said:
Good job! :thumbsup:

I'm wondering how you could keep the reflectors centered. :thinking:

It's a secret? :whistle: :grin2:

Nereus

Enlightened
Thanks! :) I have heard about "up to 240 lumens at 1A" marketing mambo jambo for the u-bin P4 led... I think some 200 lumens per emitter at 1A is closer to the thruth, so that is 800 bulb lumens. Throw in to the equation 30% optics losses (that is general CPF consensus) and we are talking about 560 torch lumens.

I bought the switch and cover in a finnish electronics store called Yleiselektroniikka... But that is a very common switch, you should find it in many international electronics stores. It's produced by Apem.

-N

Nereus

Enlightened
Zman said:
Nice mod Nereus! Are you satisfied with the switch and cover? If so, do you have the part numbers/manufacturer so I can locate and purchase as well?

Thanks!
Charlie
Thanks! :) That's Apem 5000 series three stage (on-on-on) double pole 5644 switch. Here is the Apem catalog page where you can find it: http://www.apem.fr/pdf/uk/section_a/05-Serie 5000-A-structure.pdf . The switch cover is U1231 neoprene sealing boot, see this page of Apem catalog: http://www.apem.fr/pdf/uk/section_h/01-Boots-A.pdf . And yes, I have been satisfied with the switch and the cover - no problems so far. :)

If you are using alkalines you might want to use similar kind on-on-mom Apem 5644 switch. Like that the high mode would be momentary on only which is good because the runtime @ high would be quite short with alkalines.

-N

Last edited:

Turbo_E

Enlightened
oh last thing, im usung some So2Xa reflectors, will these fit the seoul LED as well?

Nereus

Enlightened
Turbo_E said:
oh last thing, im usung some So2Xa reflectors, will these fit the seoul LED as well?
Do you mean IMS20 reflectors, like this from the Sandwich Shoppe?
t_100SO27XA.gif

I have tried IMS20 with the Seoul P4 led and the combo produces usable but a bit unfocused beam. If you remove material from the back side of the reflector you can improve the focus.

BTW, nice avatar - it is a pity that CPF rules do not allow bigger ones! :D

-N

DWL

Newly Enlightened
That is a sweet Mag Nereus. I didn't even know they made Mags in green. :thumbsup: