2nd Wave: Ti McClickie Pak (1x123)

R

RoMa

Newly Enlightened
I sent you an email don.....not sure if its the right address.... dmcleish(at)pacbell.net is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
RoMa,
E-mail received and the pak will go out today. Stay tuned for postage notification.....

JosephK

JosephK

Newly Enlightened
Hey Don,

I want to pick one of these up to swap out for the body of my AMC-Mule, but what head would you recommend looking for? I want to keep my current LE and make the entire light Ti... but it's really important that I still have the massive reflectorless flood of the Mule. Lots of options out there, but I'm not sure what to go with.

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Josephk,

I haven't done any Ti mule heads that will work on the e-series so the options out there that you mention are ones I am not familiar with. :shrug:

JosephK

JosephK

Newly Enlightened
Ahhh, I kinda ignored the fact that it was for e-series heads :duh2:. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

ehallspqr

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
Hello Don. I'd like a Ti-mule head to go on this Ti-clicky but after searching high and low I can't find any. Could I buy a EN coated AL mule head as on your Mule clicky being offered but instead with a Ti-body? They look like they would match as far as the finish.

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hello Don. I'd like a Ti-mule head to go on this Ti-clicky but after searching high and low I can't find any. Could I buy a EN coated AL mule head as on your Mule clicky being offered but instead with a Ti-body? They look like they would match as far as the finish.

I don't have many of the EN sets left and they are sets at this point. Once they are gone, it is likely they will remain gone. To take a head off one would leave me an orphan EN clickie pak which is not something I am offering or want to offer. Sorry.

I never made a Ti Aleph Mule head because the SunDrop came into being.

ehallspqr

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
I understand about breaking up the mule sets. I was trying to build a GDup equipped Mule clicky but the heads are not available in Ti (or something resembling Ti) so I give up. I could have one made but that would be a expensive proposition. I think I will pick up a Haiku next week, probably cheaper than building. I love the 3-speed interface/function of the McClicky and your GDup LE/s and the Haiku has similar function but spot beam. Any plans to build a better looking click switch? Something like a Ti cover that resembles the McLux piston with a tritium insert?

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The McClickie switch is what it is and candidly, I like the tactile feel of the silicone boot. :shrug:

D

DoublePlusLight

Newly Enlightened
:takeit: E-Mail sent :thanks:

Bushman5

Bushman5

Enlightened
will a SF E1L Outdoorsman head fit onto these?

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
If you like a larger form factor (like I do) the 2x123 mcclicky pak is also available and mine (just) takes a AW 17670 (I run a milky E1B head) - I had to take of the sticker on the 17670, and to remove the battery I need to swing the pak in an arc to allow centrifugal force to pull the battery out.

So let's just say there is definately no rattle from the battery!

Note Don makes no promises on the 17670 fitting.

Barbarian

Barbarian

Enlightened
E-mail sent

:paypal:

Last edited:
C

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
So these packs are still available? Both in a 1x123 and 2x123 setup? Can I run these on my surefire LX2? I know it is compatible with the e-series family... but just curious if anyone has tried it on a L2 or LX2 if it would work.

Thanks.

Curtis

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Available, yes. Compatible with LX2, not having a LX2 no idea but I really doubt it. :shrug:

RyanA

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don I think I'm ready to get my feet wet, I'll shoot you an e-mail.

RyanA

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So these packs are still available? Both in a 1x123 and 2x123 setup? Can I run these on my surefire LX2? I know it is compatible with the e-series family... but just curious if anyone has tried it on a L2 or LX2 if it would work.

Thanks.

Curtis

Supposedly the LX2 head will work with any E-series compatible body, so I guess you could pop it on there with an RCR, however from what I read it will be high mode only. I'm not sure if one RCR will provide enough juice, and two may be too much, 2xCR123 are probably the best bet and in that regard it is hard to beat the functionality of the LX2 body tail combo (heck its awesome, the batteries can even come out via the tail). As far as the earlier L series lights I believe the driver is in the body of the light, So you may be direct driving the LED, I believe this equates to a lot of overdrive on XR-E's.