3-in-1= A2 Killer? Full review complete!

Brocken

Newly Enlightened
how would this light perform if you used the xenon bulb to run the batteries down to the point that the light output was not usuable and then used the LED's. Would it be enought light to find your way out of the woods like a backup light?

dave

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine and was pleasantly surprised by the anodizing.
A few of the pictures made it look like bare aluminum.
The knurling is also top-notch. An excellent compromise between the metal cutting knurling on the E2e and the pointless knurling on the Arcs.
Arc should take a good look.

I plan to try a larger o-ring on the head because mine gets pretty loose when focused to a spot. At this setting it's very comparable to my G2.

The 3 LED setting is brighter than the Oplaec but bluer.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, to me, the output of this light seems to beat the X5T, is that right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Correct. It is brighter than the X5T on the 6 LED setting. Dimmer on the 3 LED setting.

The LEDs have a bluish tinge, as do most LEDs. They are slightly bluer than the X5T that I have. Remember, all of the batches of white LEDs can have differing tints... Your X5T or XenErgy may be blue'er, green'er, or red'er depending on the LEDs...

It is also significantly larger in diameter (esp. at the bezel) than the X5T as you can see in the photos in the review.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some long range pics comparing to the E2,Scorpion and TACM? Let´s say 100Ft?

Nice light, Where did you buy the recheargable?

Thnx
Alex

bmsmith

Enlightened
AlexGT,

The only place that sold the rechargeable version was
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/showad.html?ad_id=63971&ticket=18694877&urlseq=1145566049

They are out of stock. I emailed Greg at Brightguy.com and he has emailed the manufacturer about possibly carrying some of the lights. Maybe if enough people email Greg and let him know about the interest in the rechargeable model (AN-606), it might be worth his while to set up an import arrangment and offer the Nuwai flashlights. Nuwai makes many interesting models.

Refer to this discussion also for more info:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003556

Tsao

Newly Enlightened
Hi
Good news, the Nuwai offer a minimun oder 100.
icon14.gif

But limited iterm.
icon13.gif

web page
FYI

zackhugh

Enlightened
Just received mine yesterday and am still playing with it. These are great lights for the money! And while it won't be directly competing with the A2 in terms of technology, it does have nice functionality and good brightness. Thanks for the earlier reviews that led me to buy one.

Steve

zackhugh

Enlightened
Was playing with it again last night. I forgot about the ability to focus the light in Xenon mode and that took care of a few dark spots from the space occupied by the LEDs. In its tightest focus it's a nice tight bright beam. This light is such a great bargain.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
smile.gif

Steve