$30 flashlight

sonofjesse

CPF Supporter

WOWTAC A1S 1150​

WOWTAC A6​

I like these models believe thrunite makes them as the cheaper brand. Direct drive I think instead of PWM. Great lights.

I been using the a6 for an EDC for a while no issues.

fuyume

I agree. 1AA is a good format, especially if it will take lithium primary and lithium ion. That’s why I suggested the Acebeam H40 headlight. Goes up to 1050 lumens for a minute and 350 lumens after on lithium ion. Goes up to 270 lumens on Ni-MH. Has a high cri light version that goes up to 600 lumens. Works on lithium primaries too. Fenix lights don’t. Great light for $30
My Fenix E12 and HM23 both work just fine on 1.5 V lithium primaries. You just can't use a 3.7 V lithium 14500 in them.

greenpondmike

I'm confused. I heard convoy c8s were throwers, so I'm leaning towards one of the rechargable ones, but at aliexpress there are so many to chose from. They also have different leds and different color temps. All I want is one that throws good that has a rechargable battery and a good color tent (4000-5000) and high cri. I think I can get all that, but the website confuses me- I guess it's not blonde friendly. One guy said in a review that his c8 is more flood than throw and I sure don't want that. I'm kinda worried I'm going to pick a flooder by mistake.

If the price is over $30 I can pay my niece in law for any overage.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered a Wurkkos FC12, delivered for $27 using the code TUROPRPK

I'm excited and will do an unboxing video with my thoughts soon. I like the color Purple, so hoping it looks solid in person.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

I like the Wubben- it's just a little too floody for me though. I've been going over the aliexpress website and I think I've kinda sorta figured it out. Now I need to chose between the xpl and sst-40 led's. The c8 can really throw the sst-40 out there like a searchlight, yet with a fair amount of spill also according to the beamshots in the customer reviews.

Poppy

CPF Supporter
I'm confused. I heard convoy c8s were throwers, so I'm leaning towards one of the rechargable ones, but at aliexpress there are so many to chose from. They also have different leds and different color temps. All I want is one that throws good that has a rechargable battery and a good color tent (4000-5000) and high cri. I think I can get all that, but the website confuses me- I guess it's not blonde friendly. One guy said in a review that his c8 is more flood than throw and I sure don't want that. I'm kinda worried I'm going to pick a flooder by mistake.

Everything is relative.
The Convoy c8 is a thrower. It has a larger and deeper reflector than the C2+ and others that look like it. One with a smaller die sized LED will throw a tighter beam than ones with a larger die sized LED a SMOoth reflector will give more throw than a Orange Peal OP reflector.

I very much like the C8 with an XML2 led.

greenpondmike

I sure thank yall for your advice. I respect what you said Poppy and it reassured me on the c8. The ones with the sst40 seem to be the only ones at aliexpress that give a choice of coming with a rechargable battery and I want to get into rechargables now although I still like alkalines a little. In the customer review pics the c8 with a sst40 has a generous amount of spill but also has a straight, noticable beam running through it like a leap light.

I don't know whether to chose china or russia for where to get it from though- probably china. My other choice would be 5000k or cool white. I will chose the neutral in that case. I more prefer 4000-4500k for that if given the choice. I would try banggood, but I have heard some bad things on them. I hear Simon at aliexpress will treat you right.

Jim 1965

Get the C8 with the orsam emitter. It does have some spill but throwers great. Also you can pick a color of the flashlight body..I purchased a orange one from Simon..I use it much more than any of my huge throwers.

greenpondmike

Well, now the woman that is going to get me the c8.....her husband (my nephew) is wanting one, and if he gets one my other two nephews are going to want one along with my brother in law. This thing might spread like wildfire before it's over with.