$30 flashlight

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nephew's wife drew my name for Christmas and thr rules are that everyone has to spend up to $30 on gifts. People told her I like flashlights....

Off the top of yall's head do any of you know of a good one that would come close to that without it being another ML50 which I already have? It doesn't have to be a maglite and it doesn't have to be big- just $30.

I reckon I can give her feedback.

3_gun

Enlightened
Last Sofirn IF25a I got was $30.99 after shipping was added. I'd like to get one at Christmas with even having 1 or 2 already.

Lots of good lights at that price point

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Surefire Sidekick maybe. There are lots of other lights in similar style, but they all have annoying misfeatures. The SF is a little bit on the large side but is otherwise nice.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Amazon's $29.99 Anker Super Bright Tactical Flashlight, Rechargeable (18650 Battery Included), Zoomable, IP65 Water-Resistant, 900 Lumens CREE LED, 5 Light Modes for Camping and Hiking, Bolder LC90 ~ I've gifted lots of 'em

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened
My nephew's wife drew my name for Christmas and thr rules are that everyone has to spend up to $30 on gifts. People told her I like flashlights....

Off the top of yall's head do any of you know of a good one that would come close to that without it being another ML50 which I already have? It doesn't have to be a maglite and it doesn't have to be big- just $30.

Convoy all the way!! Either a C8 or S2. The C8 is a great little thrower. The C8 is among my favorite lights, and I have several very large throwers. The S2 is a flood which can be purchased with a very CRI. Both lights are under $25
HighMy nephew's wife drew my name for Christmas and thr rules are that everyone has to spend up to $30 on gifts. People told her I like flashlights....

Donald

Newly Enlightened
How about a headlamp? The Thrunite BSS H01 Green is usually $29.99 (black) before any specials or discounts, but I see this one is marked down to $19.99 on the Thrunite website. Unfortunately only in cool white. I'm sure some more knowledgeable members could name some others. Especially with climate change, everyone needs a headlamp or headlamps. I don't yet have one of these so this is not a personal recommendation, but they seem to do well in reviews. The ones I generally use are similar but above your mentioned price point. What most impresses me is that the HO1 has a battery level indication, although only two color, and blended if a charging error occurs.

The Olight Obulb in their new Obulb MC Multi-Color Bulb Light is $29.95. Their Obulb Wireless Ball Light is $19.95. The 2700K tint white light is very pleasing to the eye at night. Both have a red function, the color one obviously more. I love these things, IPX7 too, they float and they stick to almost anywhere ferrous, etc. Their Olink is $9.95 but out of stock. Just thought I would mention that as it would also work on lights with a key ring/lanyard that are not magnetic as a way to suspend it from something ferrous, although the main design is to hang an Obulb or Olight to something nonferrous.

Olight single AAA battery i3T EOS Small Flashlight is $19.95 regularly before any flash sales or discounts at the Olightstore-com website. The i5T single AA battery flashlight is regularly $29.95. Sometimes special colors/sale prices are offered. Both have worked well for me. They come with an alkaleak installed so use it up and substitute it with something safer like a hybrid battery (eneloop type).

I was interupted before I clicked post reply, so rather than say anything else, I'll end here before I lose the post. Good luck with your choices.

[h4][/h4]

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened
Convoy all the way!! Either a C8 or S2. The C8 is a great little thrower. The C8 is among my favorite lights, and I have several very large throwers. The S2 is a flood which can be purchased with a very CRI. Both lights are under $25
Also they come in some nice colors. The C8 I have is orange and it looks great. My C8 has almost a perfect beam .I purchased my Convoys from the Convoy store on Aliexpress. Simon has the official Convoy store. Dealing with Simon as been a pleasure. The shipping speed has been outstanding.

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened

I'm sorry but for some reason my reply to you is being posted multiple times. I don't know what I did, to make it post multiple times

paulr

Flashaholic
For occasional-use headlamps I like the 1AA format best, because they are so easy to feed. Fenix has a couple, and the Sofirn HS05 can take a 14500 lithium ion battery that puts it up to 1000 lumens supposedly.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. 1AA is a good format, especially if it will take lithium primary and lithium ion. That's why I suggested the Acebeam H40 headlight. Goes up to 1050 lumens for a minute and 350 lumens after on lithium ion. Goes up to 270 lumens on Ni-MH. Has a high cri light version that goes up to 600 lumens. Works on lithium primaries too. Fenix lights don't. Great light for $30

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry but for some reason my reply to you is being posted multiple times. I don't know what I did, to make it post multiple times
No problem. New software is good but still has some bugs to work out. It did it to me also. Maybe it can be edited out, but it's fine. I sure thank you all for your answers. Please keep them coming and I will try to research the brands you all have mentioned. Wow! A lot of good ones for that price.