3AA BI PIN BULB

O

overland

Newly Enlightened
Looking for someone who may have experience with the best battery and bi pin bulb combination for a 3AA flashlight that will increase lumen output along with lengthy battery runtime whether it be a bi pin halogen, krypton, xenon or bi pin led type if there is one. Changing or modifying the bi pin module in this flashlight to a led configuration is probably more than I want to spend. Would anyone recommend using 3.7V rechargeable batteries and if so is there a bi pin bulb that can handle it and last a significate amount of time and not smoke the flashlight. What would be the highest voltage streamlight bi pin bulb that one could use or should use in a 3 cell AA flashlight using three 3.7V rechargeable batteries? Or would using nimh eneloops and a 3.7V incandescent bulb be the best application? Just a real novice here with a few dear old flashlight's seeking a few answers for a new hobby. Thank's

Last edited:
fivemega

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Looking for someone who may have experience with the best battery and bi pin bulb combination for a 3AA flashlight
Streamlight Strion bulb powered by 3 Eneloop AA or single 18650.

O

overland

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate your input and thank you. I have 3 incandescent maglite flashlight's that I hardly use, a 3C,2D,3D with bi pin bulb's that I could scavenge. Would any of those work any better or worse than the Strion bulb with 3 rechargeable eneloops in a Brinkman trimax flashlight? Thank's again for your help.