3D Maglite LED upgrades currently available

AusKipper

Enlightened
Hi,

First off yes I have searched the forums :) , mostly all I have been able to find is information that is a few years old.

Are there still drop ins/custom 3D maglites available that are significantly better than the old 3D Incan (that we currently have in our fire trucks) or since the release of the new LED maglite range (which from the specs seems reasonable but nothing groundbreaking) has everyone decided that its good enough and not to bother modding it?

According the the maglite website the current Incans that we have are 105 Lumens, Beam range 266m and the LED model is 625 lumens with 406 meters range.

Just after a range of high end drop ins that are currently available, ideally 1000 lumens or more.

Thanks.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try searching for fivemega. Might be something that you find you like

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Teralux, Niteize, and Maldoff Devices all make Mag drop ins currently. I don't remember how bright they are, but they are significantly brighter than the incan bulbs you have now. If you want something brighter you can always ask Gene Malkoff if he can make something special for you, especially if it is a group buy.