400W MH and UHP found

Enlightened
Was PMing Ma_sha and reckon that i share this in the forum as well.

Found a supplier on alibaba selling 400W MH. It should those standard MH/HPS ballasts and PAR sealed cans, this i think it could be PAR46 size only.

400W VNSP
original.jpg

Tat looks fugly! this one looks better, looks like PAR56 or PAR64.
original.jpg

They also sell short-arc : They can do elliptical or parabolic reflectors

original.jpg

Projector lamp can be used for almost all of the projection equipment. Its norms are from 100W to 200W. We can supply to the manufacturers of projectors and offer the lamps with reflector or not (ARC tube)

Features:1) LCD video projector becomes a new kind of light source, thus the ultraviolet high pressure (UHP) mercury lamps are widely used2) Developed together with our (UHP) bulbs. They are widely used as part replacement in all kinds of video projectors for education, family entertainment, business and MD-PTV3) UHJ series projector lamps are highly appreciated by customers due to their high features, such as long service life, highest brightness, high stability, flatter-free image and a perfectly stable color spectrum throughout its life4) Both DC and AC types available, and several types of reflector available to meet your specific requirements5) Unique hybrid gas discharge technology6) Highest possible brightness with average luminance of the arc >1GCD/m27) Leading in short arc, enabling smaller panels8) Longer life time with environmentally friendly solution9) Best maintenance and a perfectly stable color spectrum throughout life time10) Flatter-free arc stabilizations and low voltage antenna ignitionSpecifications:1) Power range: 100W - 120W2) Lamp current: 1.5A - 1.55A3) Lamp voltage: 75V - 80V4) Luminous flux: 7,000 - 7,500 Lm5) Arc gap: 0.9 - 1.0mm

Last edited:

Enlightened
Anybody has any idea what is the beamwidth of those PAR metal halide cans? A 400W MH of 9 deg is still pretty power, that's like a 400W XM-L in a 40mm reflector, but still probably about 1 million CP. That'd light up the WHOLE building real nice at 400m though, and not only 1/2 a window from a short arc. :D

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL. you need to get some pricing info.

There was a previous thread on 400W HID PAR lamp, Thor mod.

Both of my Mega Blaster & Moon blaster searchlights were built on UHP/P-VIP high pressure mercury short-arc platform, seeing China searchlight using UHP technology are exciting!

The limitation is that the 1 mm arc uhp/P-VIP lamps are currently limited to 250W max.
There are UHP/P-VIP goes up to 350/400W but using longer arc.

Last edited:

Enlightened
LOL. you need to get some pricing info.

There was a previous thread on 400W HID PAR lamp, Thor mod.

Both of my Mega Blaster & Moon blaster searchlights were built on UHP/P-VIP high pressure mercury short-arc platform, seeing China searchlight using UHP technology are exciting!

The limitation is that the 1 mm arc uhp/P-VIP lamps are currently limited to 250W max.
There are UHP/P-VIP goes up to 350/400W but using longer arc.

Yeah man, they could OEM and charge me $3k for all i know. The best is always advertising spots, it runs $850 shipped via courier for a 1kW and 20" aperture. It can be so low coz it's super mass produced.

The 10kW MLKs are 2k.