4Sevens Charger Issues - Not Charging

Wurkkos

Ri22o

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the newer versions of the 4Sevens chargers, and am having issues with it not wanting to charge my batteries. I have had the charger and batteries for maybe a year now, but don't use the flashlight often and the batteries haven't seen a lot of charge time. I am using AW 17670 1600mAh batteries, and have two of them that I rotate through the light. The charger is set to 1a and 3.6v and plugged into a wall outlet.

What will happen is I will place the battery in the charger, the light will turn red to indicate charging, and within a few seconds will turn green. The battery hasn't moved and couldn't be making better contact with the terminals. When I first got the charger and used it, it charged the batteries fine and I got quite a bit of run time out of them, now it's almost none. I can turn the battery and jostle and sometimes it will turn back red and charge for a little while before it goes back green. I find it odd that it does this with both batteries.

Could this be an issue with my charger? My batteries? Is anyone else having this issue?

Up All Night

Enlightened
If those batteries are LiCo, you need to set the charger at 4.2 volts. their nominal voltage is 3.6, that's why the charger turns green shortly after insertion. The 3.6 V setting is for a different chemistry.

Ri22o

Newly Enlightened
If those batteries are LiCo, you need to set the charger at 4.2 volts. their nominal voltage is 3.6, that's why the charger turns green shortly after insertion. The 3.6 V setting is for a different chemistry.

They are Li-Ion 3.7v.

From what I had read (which was hard to decipher) that is what it should be set to. Am I wrong?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are Li-Ion 3.7v.

From what I had read (which was hard to decipher) that is what it should be set to. Am I wrong?

For better or worse, the charger usually lists peak voltage on its settings. The battery cites nominal voltage on its label. If you've got an AW black-and-silver label, I believe (But please check) that you have a 3.6v-nominal, 4.2v-peak cell.

Ri22o

Newly Enlightened
For better or worse, the charger usually lists peak voltage on its settings. The battery cites nominal voltage on its label. If you've got an AW black-and-silver label, I believe (But please check) that you have a 3.6v-nominal, 4.2v-peak cell.

It is a black cell with red/silver label (ordered from 4Sevens). The only voltage listed on the label is 3.7, but if the charger needs to be set to 4.2 just let me know.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
47 sells AW 17670, you should see AW and IC (lithium-Ion Colbalt) on the label. Definitely 4.2V and 1A should be fine. 47 charges a little shy of 4.2V, around 4.1 ish, but you battery will last many more cycles for it.

Latest posts