4sevens EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA), ETA end of June - Teaser pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty82

Enlightened
:confused:
So will the D10 with 1.5V AA (not 14500) have roughly the same output as the EX10 with CR123's?
Any high power flashlight will not work properly in reguation on a alkaline cell. Only for a few seconds/minutes. They will probably have the same output on li-ion's, but the EX10 will probably have higher output on a rc123a than the D10 on a NiMh cell :)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will not pre-order... but please, the first of you guys that receive it, post a HUGE review with lots of pics!

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

ibcj

Enlightened
Here is what stands out to me of the description so far.

"McGizmo was paid royalty for an aspect of the design"
"simple and intuitive design"
"nickel-plated, "hard", piston drive button"
"moderately aggressive knurling"

The head of the light has nice knurling for the multi-stage twist on-off function. The nickel plated piston drive is the same as the aluminum PD's. This is leading me to believe that it is similar to the McLux III-PD series. If this is true, at $59 price point, the 500 aren't going to last very long.

carrot

Flashaholic
Any high power flashlight will not work properly in reguation on a alkaline cell. Only for a few seconds/minutes. They will probably have the same output on li-ion's, but the EX10 will probably have higher output on a rc123a than the D10 on a NiMh cell :)
Remember, it's already been stated that:
Both lights will happily accept primaries and rechargeables.
For the D10 that means alkaline, NiMH and li-ion 14500's.
For the EX10 that means lithium CR123 and li-ion RCR123.

Runtime and output is expected to be the same when both are using Li-ions.

I would argue that 1xAA is a perfectly viable platform as shown to us by Fenix over the years starting with the introduction of the L1P all the way to the current model, the L1D.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Im in for the AA.Sounds fun and 4sevens hasn't let me down yet!
:paypal: I like that it will run on AA and 14500! Might be the closest thing Ill ever get to a Mcgizmo!

mighty82

Enlightened
I would argue that 1xAA is a perfectly viable platform as shown to us by Fenix over the years starting with the introduction of the L1P all the way to the current model, the L1D.
Yes, i don't have any cr123a lights, and i'm not really planning to get any. I know 1xAA is a viable platform. I was just stating that using alkaline cells will result in bad performance/runtime, and is best suitable for emergencies. NiMh, primary lithiums, and 14500 are all good performers. I was not arguing for the cr123a version over the aa version. Might be my bad english :crazy:

Last edited:

Imothep

Newly Enlightened
I just don't care the 55 bucks. If I don't like it, I'll give it to a friend as a present. In whole live I spent so much money for dumb things...
I don't expect a candlepower monster, as long as the flashlight is useful enough I'll be happy with it.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, those are the types of sentiments that I wish I could know someday. For me, $55 is a major purchase that requires several weeks saving and/or the sale of any clutter I might find around the house. That's the main reason I am waiting for some specs and maybe a review before I can pull the paypal trigger.

LG&M

Enlightened
Yes we are a bunch of dirty little Photonphiles. I know I will get one But I will Wait for some more Info. This is kind of fun in a sick way. I bet those in the "Know" are loving it.

sune

Newly Enlightened
I am very grateful for all the info 4seven and others who "know" have given us, but now I think it's time to throw us a new bone...

What do the rest of you think?

Are we worth some new piece of info?

:wave:

;)

:thanks:

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I am waiting for some specs and maybe a review before I can pull the paypal trigger.

Ah, but therein lies the rub; will there be any left for we patient folk? Will this become known as "The Preorder Light"?

Love the piston switch though, dunno why there aren't more of those. A standard clicky is akin to the friendly modern automobile front-wheel-drive "snickity-snick" light and easy shifter, whereas the piston switch is more like the 60's-era Detroit Iron "whump thump" heavy stick - weighty, solid, serious..

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is history in the making. How many other flashlights have had this much speculation, pre-orders, all with virtually no information?

That shows how much respect and appreciation 4Sevens has with this community. He deserves this with his superior customer service!!!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is history in the making. How many other flashlights have had this much speculation, pre-orders, all with virtually no information?

That shows how much respect and appreciation 4Sevens has with this community. He deserves this with his superior customer service!!!

Thats Why I jumped in!Always admired the lights 7777 made and his excellent customer service.

If only other companies outside flashlight world would pay attention.

SO..... does post #400 get the free one?:twothumbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.