4Sevens Preon Review (1xAAA & 2xAAA): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

ZX9RCAM

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to dredge this thread from the abyss.

Many years owner of a Preon, just have not used it much.
I was looking through my collection & picked it up to check on it's condition.

Batteries were dead, no corrosion or anything, but I can't get the "second" battery out.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

- Cam

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Batteries were dead, no corrosion or anything, but I can't get the "second" battery out.
Presuming this is the 2AAA, have you tried unscrewing the tailcap clicky, and then just poking it out with a fine implement?

And :welcome:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no comparisons to the new and old Preon 1 and Preon 2 ?

I have an old style Preon 2, but am certain that I'd prefer the UI and forward clicky of the new Preons.

I'd like to see some beam shot comparisons and run time comparisons between the old and new Preons.

If this already exists, I apologize and please direct me to it.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I'm interested in a comparison as well. I like the new Preon but I liked the older ones a little more. The new one is a different concept with the single color (black) forward clicky, body style and knurling. It's more in line with 4sevens other offerings but it doesn't have the character of the earlier Preon or even the much maligned Preon Penlight.

That said, this is a light I've purchased 7 times starting with the original run in 2009 (2008?)

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in a comparison as well. I like the new Preon but I liked the older ones a little more. The new one is a different concept with the single color (black) forward clicky, body style and knurling. It's more in line with 4sevens other offerings but it doesn't have the character of the earlier Preon or even the much maligned Preon Penlight.

That said, this is a light I've purchased 7 times starting with the original run in 2009 (2008?)

Have you handled and used the new Preon?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I have. I ordered one as soon as I saw the email from 4sevens and received it right before Thanksgiving. I've been edc-ing it since then and have found it to be a very good light that meets my needs as well as the previous models.

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
Now this thread makes me sad.
I have two tuxedos, a gold, a blue, three blacks and a green, but I will never own a red Preon P2 with a high CRI LED...

jpelzel

Newly Enlightened
All ..
Just uncovered 4 Preon flashlights ... 2 Double AAA cell and 2 Single AAA cell lights ... the kicker is that it appears that the batteries have been in there a long time and I cannot get them out to change them .. any suggestions on removing the tail pieces without monkeying up the aluminum ? The Lens assemblies work great .. luckily I have two lights that I was able to test them .. but no telling if the springs are shot or not and if ( or how badly ) the batteries have leaked over the year ...

Thanks for any suggestions
joe

Latest posts