4th jab today.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think so TG.
0796B7B8-AF6C-4DC7-A380-821D8FBCB5B0.jpeg

And slee-stax

Lumen83

Enlightened
I personally will not be taking any more shots unless they're being concocted by a bartender.

nbp

Flashaholic
I didn't get COVID until last November when I did a dry month. Clearly the botanicals in my gin and tonics were keeping me healthy and halting the steady flow weakened my system! My good friend also did a dry month and go figure, that was the month she got COVID too! I would not suggest anyone go dry unless they want C19!

I am being facetious of course, but my friend and I getting COVID in separate months that we chose to not drink is completely true. Coincidence, of course, but I intend to regular enjoy my adult beverages just in case. Can't have too many layers of protection. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
My current anti-covid Gin collection, including three from my state. Drinking a GnT with the Midwest Gin from 49th Parallel here in WI as we speak. Err, type. And also the most recent flashlight to arrive... to keep us on topic. I think.

YXS2uIW.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
I got two shots, and then the booster in November 2021. I've considered getting a second booster because I literally handle about 40 people a day in a medical office, up close, face to face.

Saturday, I got symptoms, Sunday I tested positive, and today after a virtual office visit, my doctor prescribed PAXLOVID. Three pills in the morning, and three at night for a five day regimen. It is two different antivirals packaged as a set. 2 nirmatrelvir, and 1 ritonavir.

He is thankful that he has this as a treatment. The new variant is exploding!

Saturday, I had a little bit of a sore throat, and scratchy feeling at the back of my nose. Sunday the sore throat was a bit worse, and I had a little bit of a headache, and an overall feeling of malaise. I felt like I was coming down with something. I am confined to my bedroom with my TV, phone, and notebook computer. Sunday, I slept on and off all day. When I woke up at 1:00 AM, I had too much sleep. For the rest of the night I was awake, more than I slept. In the morning, I had muscle and joint aches.

However, today, I am feeling better, no headache, and I'm not as stiff. My doctor told me that when he got it, he was fine the first two days, and on the third day the sore throat really hammered him, so wish me luck! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Be well Poppy and feel better soon! Don't forget your evening cocktail to wash down your antivirals!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I got two shots, and then the booster in November 2021. I've considered getting a second booster because I literally handle about 40 people a day in a medical office, up close, face to face.

Saturday, I got symptoms, Sunday I tested positive, and today after a virtual office visit, my doctor prescribed PAXLOVID. Three pills in the morning, and three at night for a five day regimen. It is two different antivirals packaged as a set. 2 nirmatrelvir, and 1 ritonavir.

He is thankful that he has this as a treatment. The new variant is exploding!

Saturday, I had a little bit of a sore throat, and scratchy feeling at the back of my nose. Sunday the sore throat was a bit worse, and I had a little bit of a headache, and an overall feeling of malaise. I felt like I was coming down with something. I am confined to my bedroom with my TV, phone, and notebook computer. Sunday, I slept on and off all day. When I woke up at 1:00 AM, I had too much sleep. For the rest of the night I was awake, more than I slept. In the morning, I had muscle and joint aches.

However, today, I am feeling better, no headache, and I'm not as stiff. My doctor told me that when he got it, he was fine the first two days, and on the third day the sore throat really hammered him, so wish me luck! :)
Get well soon Poppy. I hope the sore throat never materializes.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Hope that you only get better from this point on. Paxlovid sounds like a good thing.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get well soon Poppy!

paxlovid seemed to work well for someone I know (along with zinc, D, B complex vitamins and pepcid AC, which were recommended by their doctor).

If your symptoms get worse, ask your doc about monoclonal antibody treatments.

Almost two months back a lot of my friends contracted the new variant. Thankfully, none of them had anything close to being a severe symptom nor did any of them require being hospitalized. They were all very tired for about ten days.

Hoping for a quick recovery, Poppy.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thank you all for your well wishes!

I am not particularly concerned, about serious symptoms, because I am generally in good shape, and have confidence in the strength of my immune system. Of course I am reminded of something our friend @Chauncey Gardiner once said: "the biggest cause of injury in old men is: they think they are still young!"

Yes, my doc recommended 500 mg C, 100 Zn, and 10,000iu D. I would have thought the C would have been 1000, and Zn 10mg. What-ever, it's good to see that they are all on the same page. Years ago, they poo-pooed vitamins, and called Lynus Pauling a quack for recommending Vitamin C for a cold.

My sore throat is about 80% better, my headache is just about gone, and I am sneezing more today than yesterday. This morning I woke up with the taste of rusting tin in my mouth. I brushed my teeth and tongue, and could hardly taste the toothpaste. Fortunately, my daughter made me a cup of coffee before she left for work, and I could smell it.

It would really stink if everything starts to taste like cardboard!