#5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

KCL Knives

Newly Enlightened
I just put a 3-pack of Navi Smarts in my shopping cart. I really want to get these for mine and my wife's keys. She is always loosing her keys in the house and this will be a wonderful product for her plus it is a way for me to get her to carry at least a minimal flashlight. It amazes me how much junk woman will carry in their purses but not have room for something really useful such as a light or a knife. This product depends on the app otherwise it is just an expensive keychain light, which is why they are still in my cart. Hopefully it will be out soon without any delays. If i knew that there would not be delayes I would checkout now. This is possibly the best product out of all five that were just introduced!

PTT

Newly Enlightened
Received my package of three Friday. Two of the three did not work properly, as they turned on only briefly on the very first button push, and not at all after that. On those two I had to take the battery out and re-insert it, and then it worked. So now all three work.

BTW, taking the battery out and re-inserting it is a major pain. To get the battery compartment cover off, you have to rotate it to the open position, which was relatively easy to do with my fingernail. However, then prying the cover up was very frustrating and took several tries, but I was finally able to do it with a fingernail. I thought about trying to use the tip of my SOG knife, but did not want to cut the cover. Maybe there is a better way of doing this.

Getting the cover on was almost as frustrating. It has two tabs, one where the Open/Close imprint is, and the other on the opposite side. I had to tilt it down so the tab on the opposite side is pointing slightly down, to get it into the slot for it. Then I pressed the whole cover down, so that both tabs are in their slots, and rotated it closed. Again maybe there is a trick to making this easier to do.

Working with the various modes is also somewhat frustrating, such as trying to figure out how to get to certain modes, using the ramping, etc. My results have been very inconsistent. I assume that the time between double-clicks, for instance, affects which modes you can get to. Also, sometimes the ramping goes through all four constant modes (moon, low, medium, high), and sometime it only cycles through two (low & medium, I think). I'd like to get detailed instructions on how to do all of these things without the app. I was able to get some helpful info from the Quark Smart QSL forum.

Lastly, I was able to pair it with both my Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S (wifi only). It shows up as Navi_poi.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed with mine, that when the battery gets down to 53%, it gets a kinds of wonky; meaning that that the light itself will randomly go on & off, the interface goes crazy on my phone-it won't respond. The light just goes nuts!!! It is quite wild!! I changed the battery immediately, and all was well. Has any one else experienced this? I would like to hear.

Last edited:

keeperofdakeys

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine (though there was some mixup with the order, I had to contact the friendly customer service staff). I'm getting the same problems posted here, the listed instructions don't seem to work properly - very inconsistent in what it's doing. Also, is there any update on the Android app?

Edit: Also, what generation of iphone would be needed to run the iphone app?

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed with mine, that when the battery gets down to 53%, it gets a kinds of wonky; meaning that that the light itself will randomly go on & off, the interface goes crazy on my phone-it won't respond. The light just goes nuts!!! It is quite wild!! I changed the battery immediately, and all was well. Has any one else experienced this? I would like to hear.
The batch of panasonic batteries that were in the lights were bad - and likely fake. They would show voltage but if the led or beeper was used it would cut out :/ Replace and you should be fine :)

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
​Thank you!! I did. All is well. I just thought you would want to know that.

keeperofdakeys

Newly Enlightened
That sucks, I thought that was the main purpose of the device.

If this is simply a software problem, then hopefully a firmware update can be created to fix it. I'm still waiting for the Android app, however Android can use a bluetooth device as a "smart unlock" device. Using the navi with this seems to be a bit flaky as well.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
If this is simply a software problem, then hopefully a firmware update can be created to fix it. I'm still waiting for the Android app, however Android can use a bluetooth
device as a "smart unlock" device. Using the navi with this seems to be a bit flaky as well.
Another product released too early.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am doing the current firmware update on my Navi, and was wondering, if the intializing thing ever goes away. It says it takes a minute to do this, but it has been longer than a minute. It is HAS done all the proper light flashing that it says it is going to do, but my phone still says initializing, please wait... I don't want to interrupt or screw it up. Thanks for your time.